New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Oxygen sensor safer rtv sealant
    Do not install the oil seal dry, pre lubricate the oil seal lip with engine oil or vaseline

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    done replacing, I brought it on a nearby mechanic

here's what they did.

1. removed compressor, ps pump and alternator belt.
    2. remove fan
    2. removed some cover, based on manual its a rubber noise cover ...
    3. put a socket, i forgot the number, they did not removed the radiator
    4. put the gear to engage mode and hit the brake, then turn the socket holder ( facing the bolt of pulley - counter clock wise turn with tube holding the power handle of socket), i think they did the gear engament and brake to lock the crankshaft and so the pulley bolt can be loosen. - it work.

- then after oil seal in place, and return everything, run the engine and observed. there is still a leaking, but not on the oil seal, instead on the portion of the gearcase cover, they said that there is an o-ring behing it and might need to be replace.. well, at least I know what is the problem i am going to attack next.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    done replacing, I brought it on a nearby mechanic

here's what they did.

1. removed compressor, ps pump and alternator belt.
    2. remove fan
    2. removed some cover, based on manual its a rubber noise cover ...
    3. put a socket, i forgot the number, they did not removed the radiator
    4. put the gear to engage mode and hit the brake, then turn the socket holder ( facing the bolt of pulley - counter clock wise turn with tube holding the power handle of socket), i think they did the gear engament and brake to lock the crankshaft and so the pulley bolt can be loosen. - it work.

- then after oil seal in place, and return everything, run the engine and observed. there is still a leaking, but not on the oil seal, instead on the portion of the gearcase cover, they said that there is an o-ring behing it and might need to be replace.. well, at least I know what is the problem i am going to attack next.

Socket to use for the pulley bolt of 4Ja1 is 24MM. Just to record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12