New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Notnooot View Post
    Same tayo sir ng issue. Sakin lalo ramdam yung vibration kapag magoovertake at higher rpms. Anyway. Any updates with regards this issue?
    Ganun pa rin sakin after 7k kms.
    Di ko pa na raise sa Casa.
    Abang abang lang ako ng updates from other owners here. Hahah

2. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben7736 View Post
    Good evening to all. Checked in with the casa earlier regarding the whirring noise and vibration at the foot pedal at 1000 RPM. Upon checking and observing our Monty, andiyan yung whirring sound and slight vibration sa pedal kapag naka on yung compressor ng AC. Kapag naka off yung AC or yung compressor nawawala yung whirring sound and slight gas pedal vibration at 1000 RPM. Technician also informed me na marami ng nakapag sabi rin sakanila ng ganitong occurence and narelay nadaw nila sa planta. They're currently waiting daw for a TSL (Technical Service Letter) from Mitsu PH regarding kung anong gagawin about this pero rest assured naman daw sabi ni Mitsu PH na walang magiging problem whatsover sa vehicles natin kahit may ganitong occurence. Nataon din kanina may 3rd Gen Monty ding nagpapaservice which was at 25,000 kms na and we tried that unit din while it was stationary and same lang occurence sa unit namin which is fresh pa (less than 70kms pa on the ODO). Will update ulit sa thread nato sakaling may balita ako.
    Is there any update? Did Mitsu PH issue any TSL for this issue? I still feel it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hows your air intake filters?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Reviving this thread, i have this on my 3 week old montero and noticed it from day 1. Not sure if this is normal, the previous version didnt have it, any feedback from you guys that have addressed it to casa?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by payps21 View Post
    Reviving this thread, i have this on my 3 week old montero and noticed it from day 1. Not sure if this is normal, the previous version didnt have it, any feedback from you guys that have addressed it to casa?
    Hello Everyone!

I am also experiencing the same problem with my Monty 2009 GLS SE 4x4 i.e. buzzing or humming low pitch, air whirlwind sound at low rpm (1500 to 1800) usually at second gear.. My good friend, a veteran buy and sell, told me it's common in Monty specially 4x4 variant, and nothing to worry about. He also told me that the sound is being caused by the nozzle of air intake pipe touching or vibrating against the plastic shroud around the radiator fan.. You can see that this design of intake pipe is really playing and not fixed.. Anyway at first I was adamant. But the noise is really annoying so again, I'm back at searching again the net for answers, until I found this thread.. Then I chance to found a mitsubishi forum with the same problem, although Outlander with diesel engine and realized that what my friend was telling me might be true afterall! Check the link and see for your self.. Also check the german post inside the thread (use translation feature of google chrome) and you can see how to do it as it has provided some useful pics.

Vibration / Buzzing Noise - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Outlander im Alltag - Self-Made - Luftfilteranlage 2.2 DI-D dr

I don't know about you but I will surely try this first thing in the morning tom.. I'll post here my findings after.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erwindc22 View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I am also experiencing the same problem with my Monty 2009 GLS SE 4x4 i.e. buzzing or humming low pitch, air whirlwind sound at low rpm (1500 to 1800) usually at second gear.. My good friend, a veteran buy and sell, told me it's common in Monty specially 4x4 variant, and nothing to worry about. He also told me that the sound is being caused by the nozzle of air intake pipe touching or vibrating against the plastic shroud around the radiator fan.. You can see that this design of intake pipe is really playing and not fixed.. Anyway at first I was adamant. But the noise is really annoying so again, I'm back at searching again the net for answers, until I found this thread.. Then I chance to found a mitsubishi forum with the same problem, although Outlander with diesel engine and realized that what my friend was telling me might be true afterall! Check the link and see for your self.. Also check the german post inside the thread (use translation feature of google chrome) and you can see how to do it as it has provided some useful pics.

Vibration / Buzzing Noise - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Outlander im Alltag - Self-Made - Luftfilteranlage 2.2 DI-D dr

I don't know about you but I will surely try this first thing in the morning tom.. I'll post here my findings after.
    Thanks for sharing sir. How did it go for you?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by payps21 View Post
    Thanks for sharing sir. How did it go for you?
    I've been complaining about this vibration at 1,250 rpm to Diamond Motors Greenhills and Quezon Avenue. It all started after the 1,000km PMS in Quezon Avenue and then I started complaining about it on the 5,000km PMS and but they said it was normal and it was the AC kicking in. I then shifted service center to Greenhills since it's close to work and they said the same thing that it's normal. I just had my 15,000km PMS with them and it's still normal to them. They even had a "performance test" done and it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Well to see if it's "normal" I just test-drove my officemates Montero Sports. We bought at practically the same time so that should provide the same results, right? Well her Montero didn't have any vibration at low rpm. It just drove quietly.

Are there any updates from other service centers on the problem?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RAD1962 View Post
    I've been complaining about this vibration at 1,250 rpm to Diamond Motors Greenhills and Quezon Avenue. It all started after the 1,000km PMS in Quezon Avenue and then I started complaining about it on the 5,000km PMS and but they said it was normal and it was the AC kicking in. I then shifted service center to Greenhills since it's close to work and they said the same thing that it's normal. I just had my 15,000km PMS with them and it's still normal to them. They even had a "performance test" done and it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Well to see if it's "normal" I just test-drove my officemates Montero Sports. We bought at practically the same time so that should provide the same results, right? Well her Montero didn't have any vibration at low rpm. It just drove quietly.

Are there any updates from other service centers on the problem?
    you might want to drop by Zix Performance shop and have it check. with all the montero they had service all along, maybe they have encountered similar issue like yours.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    you might want to drop by Zix Performance shop and have it check. with all the montero they had service all along, maybe they have encountered similar issue like yours.
    Just wondering if theres an update to this topic.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimVato View Post
    Just wondering if theres an update to this topic.

I'll probably need to visit ZIX to ask about it. I'll update this thread as soon as I get something solid.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2017 Mitsubishi Montero Sport low rpm noise