New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hi,

question lang ako. i had an idea to change the engine on my 1978 lancer. currently the engine is 4g32/33 (not sure), rear wheel drive carburetor.

Im planning to change to a modern fuel injected engine but my problem is what engine would fit with the least modification and would still keep the rwd configuration of the car. not to mention fuel economy.

any ideas on and engine type as well as possible cost? a recommended shop to source this would also be of help.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    it'll probably be more practical if you just overhaul your engine, have it bored out to 1400/1500cc kung kaya ng block, use bigger pistons and rings. lots cheaper pa rin ito than, say, buying a 4g63 efi engine.

dami mo babaguhin pag swap eh: if you can find a rwd efi engine (mahirap), it'll be most likely all electronic. yung mga fans ng radiator at condenser electric na. efi engines also have computer boxes... saan mo i-mount ito? yung wiring pa sa gauges. that's if you can manufacture new engine mounts to fit it in the engine bay pa.

but, nothings impossible if you have lots of time, ability and money naman. given unlimited amounts of the said "virtues", you can even power your lancer with an older honda lxi engine (ff adaptor to fr if you find one or buy from the states custom made).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sir volts,

thanks for the insight... actually yun din naisip ko.. mahirap nga maghanap ng rwd na efi.... sige pagawa ko na lang hehehe

1978 lancer change engine