New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Mga Masters, tanong ko lang po, what is better for A/T Diesel Turbo Engine for Crosswind a 15W-40 Fully Synthetic Oil or the 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Oil and what are their advantages and difference. Maraming salamat po sa mga magiging advise ninyo...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XTRM_Ryder03 View Post
    Mga Masters, tanong ko lang po, what is better for A/T Diesel Turbo Engine for Crosswind a 15W-40 Fully Synthetic Oil or the 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Oil and what are their advantages and difference. Maraming salamat po sa mga magiging advise ninyo...

in philippine tropical conditions, there is no noticeable difference between the two oil viscosities you mentioned. you can pretty much disregard 5W or 15W as the country does not have winter: W is for winter

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    in philippine tropical conditions, there is no noticeable difference between the two oil viscosities you mentioned. you can pretty much disregard 5W or 15W as the country does not have winter: W is for winter
    sir salamat po sa enlightenment, so i guess when i do my next change i will not be looking for oil with W on it.., sir what do you suggest then the best for my ride an A/T Diesel Turbo Engine (X-wind) magpapalit na po kasi ako ng langis. First ride ko po ito, and the last change oil was made sa Park & Fly and i assume they filled it up with just a regular oil kasi mura lang po eh, hindi ko namonitor kasi iniwan ko lang sa kanila.

Thanks again for your advise...more power sir.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Baka mahirapan kang makahanap ng monograde oil hehe. Basta wih diesel engines, get oil with at least 40 hot rating.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    for diesel engines, chose API rating of at least CG (C for compression ignited engines or diesels)

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    i use delo gold SAE 40 monograde (i think its a semi syn based dun sa MSDS nya) mula nung naacquire ko 2nd hand pipip ko. as per my experience, it performed better than using the Castrol multigrade. on my own opinion also, hindi na applicable yung winter grade oils sa pinas. plus the thicker the oil, compression is better since it can seal the gap between pistong ring and cylinder (to compensate the wear) as compared to multigrade oils. malamig o mainit, start pa rin agad pipip ko.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    There is a difference between the 2 viscosities upon start up from a cold engine. The 5w40 will flow faster vs a 15w40 so the thinner oil (5w40) should give relatively better protection from wear. Remember, most engine wear happens on a cold start when the oil is too thick to circulate properly.
    The viscosity of both oils at 100deg C is about the same but this also means the engine is fully warmed up. At about 25deg C temp, the 15w40 is thicker when cold vs a 5w40. In the same way, a multigrade oil affords better start up protection vs a monograde.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    The multgrade still offers better protection vs monograde. It is up to you na lang which brand will be preferred. Of course, yung semi- at fully syn na oil ay better kung CRDi na sasakyan mo or talagang heavy duty gamit sa diesel engine.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    now i've fallen to the hype.....purchased delo gold multigrade yesterday for P740 on a 4-liter gallon and P200 for a 1-liter bottle (total of 5 liters). napakunot noo pa yung caltex attendant kung may stock pa sila eh...halos monograde lang daw kasi, wala halos naghahanap ng multigrade. pati dun sa auto supply na pinuntahan ko..

........will experiment 15w-40 this coming summer....my ride is due for an oil change by april.....will buy next the filter next month...ubos na pera ko....hehehe

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    a little bit confused dearest paps....been used to Delo Gold ISOSYN brand....want to confirm if what i bought (Delo gold multigrade isosyn) is a mineral, semi-syn or fully-syn? my thought is that it is a Group 2 mineral oil refined by using the so-called "ISOSYN" of caltex.....

long story short, a mineral oil refined using refining technology intended for synthetics...am i still on the right track here?....btw, i prefer mineral for some personal reasons and a little bit of technicalities.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
15W-40 vs. 5W-40 Oil Type