New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    may problema o wala, IMO, hindi worth mag pa bukas ng makina kung 1L/10k lang yung consumption. hintayin nalang muna if it gets worst, before considering overhaul. just take better care to make the 1 liter consumption stay as is.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    thanks niky for the info. yup, oil & water checks are sop for me
    in the morning, color is black sa dulo ng dip stick and
    slightly redish sa bandang itaas. i guess the black is because of
    the dirts seating at the bottom when the oil is settled.

not really always on heavy traffic since the normal route
    would be sta rosa - alabang, so mostly hiway. rpm wise,
    would be around 1.5K to barely 3K with most of the time
    at 2K range.

siguro nga it's on the oil since 1st time ko to use petron
    fully synthetic. i'll use honda fully synthetic this time and
    continue to observe. thanks uli!
    Ah... dark black na? YOu can change it already.

Not all synthetics are created the same... some are better than others, others are labeled so they look like they're synthetic, but if you check the specs, they're actually a synthetic mineral blend.

As long as your spark plugs, upon inspection, aren't wet... then the 1 liter drinking per 10k kms is likely normal.

Easiest fix, switch to the synthetic brand the casa recommends (some casas and manufacturers no longer allow outside oils because of the variance in quality). Check how long it takes before the oil gets dirty, and check how dirty it gets before drinking. My car drinks oil, but only after a certain threshold has been passed (the oil gets very dirty)... simply because I have a tuned, hot-running motor and an aftermarket air filter (which allows a little more dirt into the engine than a stock filter). If yours is the same, no issue.

You can also try (so you don't spend so much on changing to a 5k km interval), changing your oil filter every 5k kms, to try to make your oil last longer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    just to add, i also noticed that shell blue is being consumed once 3k to 4k after oil change is reached.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    just to add, i also noticed that shell blue is being consumed once 3k to 4k after oil change is reached.
    What car is this?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    lancer glx 2000

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    one liter of oil every 10,000 km? one-half liter for every 5,000 km? ok lang yan. that's not a panic value. just enjoy your drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
1 liter of oil after 10K run