New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Newbie alert:

Hi, I have watched several videos on how to check the fusebox because my other cigarette lighter port does not have any power. Unfortunately, since it's my first time with no knowledge in tinkering the electricals, where do I go to to have this checked and fixed? Is it any electrical shop? How much does it usually cost?

Thanks po!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    You can try sifting thru the manual and look for the location of the cigarette lighter fuse

Busted fuse could be the culprit

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    Newbie alert:

Hi, I have watched several videos on how to check the fusebox because my other cigarette lighter port does not have any power. Unfortunately, since it's my first time with no knowledge in tinkering the electricals, where do I go to to have this checked and fixed? Is it any electrical shop? How much does it usually cost?

Thanks po!
    look at your owner's manual, po. it's probably there. even the fuse corresponding to an appliance is shown.
    if you are lucky and your fusebox is strategically located, for easy checking, all you have to do is pull out the suspect fuse and see if it is busted.
    if you have the same car as i do (altis), i strongly recommend you bring it to the auto electrician, po. my under-dash fusebox was designed to be extremely DIY-unfriendly.

or, you can try the auto electricians along the automotive streets of banawe or evangelista.
    but if the guy asks you where the fusebox is, then you are talking to the wrong guy.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 21st, 2017 at 01:55 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I do not have a manual po kaya x2 pahirapan to get some answers. Will try my luck in Banawe. Thanks!

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I do not have a manual po kaya x2 pahirapan to get some answers. Will try my luck in Banawe. Thanks!

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    what is your vehicle, po?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what is your vehicle, po?
    2005 innova G (A/T gas)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    2005 innova G (A/T gas)
    ah!
    a few weeks ago, my diesel innova's cigarette lighter also went on the blink.
    the banawe guy just removed the plastic panel under the steering column, exposing the fusebox behind it.
    a few kutingtings and he got to the busted fuse. replacing it gave life back to my lighter.
    if your AT gas fusebox is like my MT diesel fusebox, at kung matiyaga kayo, ay baka maaaring isa-isahin ninyo.
    the good part is, your fusebox is probably easy to get at.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Most of the time, the blown fuse is not the [I]cause[I] of a symptom but rather a result of an overload or short circuit.
    The only time it becomes the cause is when you have ATO or mini ATO or a maximum fuse protecting the circuit. The fuse strip inside the fuse body is made of a zinc alloy and gets corroded over time and hence become weak for the load.

Check the current across where the fuse would be. The current should be a little lower than the fuse rating.