New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Guys san ba meron nito? 18 awg at terminal connectors? Nagtingin kasi ako sa Ace hardware at Blade wala eh. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kumagpoko View Post
    Guys san ba meron nito? 18 awg at terminal connectors? Nagtingin kasi ako sa Ace hardware at Blade wala eh. Thanks!

try the hardware and electrical stores, po.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Same lang po ba wire ng sa kotse at yung wire ginagamit sa bahay? Sorry noob. Thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Same lang po ba wire ng sa kotse at yung wire ginagamit sa bahay? Sorry noob. Thanks

house wiring usually uses solid wire.
    auto wiring usually uses stranded wire.
    both are available in these stores.
    explain your intended use to the store, po, so's they can guide you.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thank you sir! Where to buy wire and connectors? Where to buy wire and connectors? Where to buy wire and connectors?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thank you sir! Where to buy wire and connectors? Where to buy wire and connectors? Where to buy wire and connectors?

there are many designs for terminal connectors. bring the partner (yung kukunektahan) or its picture, so's the store can give you the matching design.
    also, you might want to choose the color, so's you can color-code them, po.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    It's not safe to use household wiring on vehicles.

Automotive loads have higher current draws than household appliances (hint: ohm's law)

Isa pa, rated up to 105 deg C ang auto wire....70-95 usually ang household wiring.

Usually stranded ang auto wires. Wala pko nkita na solid....household wires either solid or stranded.

Fyi

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2730858
    It's not safe to use household wiring on vehicles.

Automotive loads have higher current draws than household appliances (hint: ohm's law)

Isa pa, rated up to 105 deg C ang auto wire....70-95 usually ang household wiring.

Usually stranded ang auto wires. Wala pko nkita na solid....household wires either solid or stranded.

Fyi
    solid wires do not want to be moved regularly. they break eventually, because of metal fatigue.
    that is why, auto wires are stranded. they are more flexible than the solid equivalent.