New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    guys help naman po... wala po kasi ako gano alam sa car.. nasira po kasi alternator ko then sabi ng nag check up sira na daw yung IC ng alternator ko..my car is Honda Civic vti 98 model A/t..my ma susugest po ba kayo sakin na pag bibilan ng IC espicially sa banawe yun lang kasi alam ko puntahan ayaw ko kasi maloko,, babae pa naman ako which is mas madalas maloko..

and kung bibili po ako nag surplus or new alternator kung wala ako mabili na IC, mag kano po ka cost nun?
    thanx...pls help me!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Try posting a pic of your alternator IC. Pero best bet is get a surplus alternator from banawe or evangelista. One that is really old and cheap to buy. Then rip off the IC of that one.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    hello jennyfer0021, you can go to CARAGE Trading along N.Domimgo St. in San Juan. Dont have the exact address but this is across Savory Restaurant. They have parts for alternators and also an electrician who can check..install even repair your alternator. The electrician's name is Adoni, he's familiar with alternators Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Has the auto electrician thoroughly checked the car's charging system? Most common problems with alternator are IC regulator and rectifier diode.
    There are auto supply stores in Banaue selling Honda parts. Try to bring the defective one for sample just to be sure.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You can try getting these from Raon. Try mo yung Highland electronics.

where to buy IC for alternator?..