New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Go OEM or rebuilt over those replacements like DENKI. They only last as long as the average Motolite batt. I've had 2 of those copies quit on me barely a year in. No fluke, pure crap.Where to buy brand new replacement alternators?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Go OEM or rebuilt over those replacements like DENKI. They only last as long as the average Motolite batt. I've had 2 of those copies quit on me barely a year in. No fluke, pure crap.Where to buy brand new replacement alternators?

wala po ba talagang replacements na good quality?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    I haven't tried any & won't risk to, anymore. I'd opt rebuilds over reps. Having been burnt more than once by the same thing left me indelible scars.Where to buy brand new replacement alternators?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Most repair shops have Taiwan-made brand-new replacement. They do last as per my experience. After replacement, have the old one repaired for backup/spare. Most of the times its the brush that wears out or a busted regulator and rectifier. Bearings are cheap, and New era IC/Regulator are also cheap.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Most repair shops have Taiwan-made brand-new replacement. They do last as per my experience. After replacement, have the old one repaired for backup/spare. Most of the times its the brush that wears out or a busted regulator and rectifier. Bearings are cheap, and New era IC/Regulator are also cheap.

thanks for the info Sir 12vdc!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    Im tired of replacing defective alternators with a surplus one coz it does not last long. Whats the best shop to buy replacement alternator for a corolla?
    i had my fd2's alternator superbly overhauled by them before, i know they sell replacement alternators too

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    had my fd2's alternator superbly overhauled by them before, i know they sell replacement alternators too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12