New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: When replacing your batt do you wait for it to die or buy a new one every X years?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait for it to die

43 69.35%
  • Buy batt every X years.

19 30.65%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    to the OP:

you can always have the battery and the vehicle's electricals checked. my trusty battery dealer does it for free, testing for the battery's nominal output, charge capacity, and what-not. it then gives out a reading, giving you an idea just how 'healthy' the battery is.

or pwede rin 'pakiramdaman'. fresh batteries crank and start any vehicle almost instantaneously, assuming there are no other problems. batteries that have been in use longer take more time to crank and start.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ako last check sa battery.
    pinalitan na lang ng battery solution.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chr1smj_15 View Post
    basta may signsand symptoms na nagpapalit na ko. '99 HONDA SIR.
    True po yan,may signs naman po when you need to look for replacement na.But if you have plenty moolah,every 1 year pwede na kayo magpalit.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i wait for it to die out

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speaking of changing batteries

san ba mura bumili? i checked around evangelista today and 3sm motolife excel cost in the upper 5K to 6K

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    speaking of changing batteries

san ba mura bumili? i checked around evangelista today and 3sm motolife excel cost in the upper 5K to 6K
    Try Motolite enduro its their lower end battery. 1 year warranty, just bought one for P3450, sa Lipa City nga lang.

Ok din Outlast, per their website 3SM or N70 prices:
    Premium 1 year warranty 4,300, pag di tubig 1 year warranty P3,600
    Super preimum 15 month warranty P4,000
    Super preimum 20 months warranty P5,400
    Exceed 24 months warranty P6,000

BTW, san mura bumili ng 8D or N200? I need 2 eh ang mahal ng Motolite and Outlast. Pinaka murang canvass ko ay P9,000 each 9 months warranty lang. Ok kaya ang ibang brands? Tatagal kaya?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    pag mahina medyo mahina na, trade in na para sa bago.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wait for it to die AFTER you or your mechanic (w/ electrical know-how) have checked terminals, alternator charging &/or starter (for starting problems), ignition coil, high tension wires, fuses, etc.
    a lot of alternator defects are mistaken to be caused by weak or dead battery.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    after 2 yrs i monitor the battery. hirap na baka kung san pa abutan.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bili na lang ng battery once the signs are there. . . Naranasan ko na kasing tumulak ng kotse.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
When replacing your battery do you wait for it to die or buy a new one every X years?