New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: When replacing your batt do you wait for it to die or buy a new one every X years?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait for it to die

43 69.35%
  • Buy batt every X years.

19 30.65%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My father is only familiar with carb type engines. One time my sister left her car with our father for she will be go out of town. He tried to start the car after 2 days just to warm up the engine. Nothing happend when he tried to start it. The horn is loud, power windows work, but the car would not start.

Baffled he called for help, the mechanic swapped the battery of his car to the other car. it started.

I my self, I might just wait for it to die. Currently, I am using the old stype battery where in you can add distilled water. I think this battery will last 2 to 3 years as long as I check the fluid level regularly.

Maintenance free or not, ang pag kaubos ng battery fluid and primary cause the early failure ng lead acid battries.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    few weeks after the warrranty expires.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had changed battery once pa lang since i got my car from the casa.
    used the original battery for 3.2 years. and the last one, i just changed two weeks ago. used it for 3.8 years.

i usually wait for it to die down. ang mahal ng battery eh.
    and besides, there are symptoms which you can feel if your battery will die down.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    pag nag-start na shang mag hard start, ipapa-check ko na kung ok pa, at ilang linggo na lang tatagal.

pero happy pa naman ako sa battery ko. 4 years and counting

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    di pa naman ako namamatayan kase pinapalitan ko yung kotse bago mamatay ang battery.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by missZ View Post
    di pa naman ako namamatayan kase pinapalitan ko yung kotse bago mamatay ang battery.

Whew! Sana ganito rin ako.....

Ako, wait for signs that the battery is going south. Then, replace kaagad, wala ng isip-isip!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    waiting for signs lang...i think this is a more practical way... and i also think (correct me if i'm wrong) na kasama sa approximately 2 years life span ng battery ang shelf life.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Will wait for it to die. Mahal na kasi battery ngayon, and I'm lucky that my batteries lasted for about 4 years bago mapalitan.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    changed my battery just 2 months ago; around 4 years yung tinagal.
    had it checked regularly before that. medyo matagal ng mababa ang karga.
    nung nagbago ng konti pag-start ko ng kotse one morning, went to replace it na agad.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    intay rin na mamatay na lang....pag ayaw na mag start sa umaga....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
When replacing your battery do you wait for it to die or buy a new one every X years?