New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: When replacing your batt do you wait for it to die or buy a new one every X years?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait for it to die

43 69.35%
  • Buy batt every X years.

19 30.65%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Please post your car's model and setup and the number of years you wait, for you to replace your old batt.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    waited for it to die. usually ayaw na mag start sa umaga

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I usually wait for the car to show signs of the battery dying. In my car, City'03, the power window's single pinch button on the driver side will stop working. Also, when starting the car, there's a telltale "wrong" sound when the engine revs before starting. Normally, it's "WEH-WEH-Broom!" When the battery is close to dying, my car starts up, "WEHHHHH-WEH-Broom!"

Heheheh....

When any of the two happens, I usually have 1-2 days to replace the battery before it goes flat dead.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    happen to my honda crv A/T dec.2002 nabili, then nung pms checkup year 2005, time na pipikupin ko na from casa ayaw start sakto me mga service crew dun kaya no prob. la kase akong sign na nakita na mahina na batt. iniwan ko kase sa casa for 3 days ata (change oil, undercoating, hydrophilic and engine wash). . . .di ko na paabutin 3 years batt ko : )

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i always wait for the battery to show signs of weakening before replacing, pero never yung patay na talaga..delikado yun tirikan pa ako sa malayong lugar

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I wait for it to die...

My current one (Motolite Gold 3SM MF) will turn 4 years old on October...

So far, malakas pa rin, pero binuksan ko na yung seals nya for top-up and checking of specific gravity of the solution (mula last year)... wala na rin namang warranty eh - and I might be able to still prolong its life by always checking the solution.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    wait for it to die... kailangan masulit para hindi sayang...

usually malalaman mo pag malapit na matigok during cold start, preferably early in the morning...

to prolonge the life always check the battery fluid, except for those who have or using maintenance free...

one more thing, over charging shortened the life of the battery. kapag lumobo ang battery over charged iyun...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    usually when it shows sign na.that's the only time na papalit na ako.diko na hihintayin pang madrain totally mahirap baka biglang magka emergency dimo na mastart

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I normally wait for it to die. My experience with maintenace free batteries is it just dies on you. Today its still cranks the car then tommorow its dead.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    When the signs shows up, I replace the battery immediately.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
When replacing your battery do you wait for it to die or buy a new one every X years?