New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: When replacing your batt do you wait for it to die or buy a new one every X years?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait for it to die

43 69.35%
  • Buy batt every X years.

19 30.65%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I had the misfortune of having my battery die out on me before.

I'm not sure how long the batt was in there since I bought my rig second hand but I guess it was worth it.

There were signs though that it was about to kick the bucket but they showed themselves a day before it decided to croak on me.

After the signs were observed, I was supposed to have the battery replaced the next morning alas, it would not even crank.

Good thing there was a good samaritan who was able to give me a boost via jumper cables.

We had to have them connected for 5 minutes before I was able to start my rig.

Drove to the office in QC from Makati and didn't turn off the engine for any stops I had to get down from the vehicle (but I locked it of course) and left it running for about an hour when I got to the office just in case.

That was good enough for one crank but luckily I was already at the office when I tried it out.

Ordered the battery and had it installed the same day, been truckin' ever since

At least now I know the signs to look out for when it will be time for me to buy a new batt, but hopefully they will not manifest themselves when it is a rainy weekend evening and everything is closed.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    2001 kotse ko, naka 3 battery na ako. yung isa nasira 1 moth before mag expire yung warranty so libre yung bago...

wala akong napapansin na signs bago masira, bigla nalang hindi mag start. ayos lang naman since manual kotse ko. at pati battery, free delivery na ngayon. haha

pero kung may signs na, ipa check na kaagad para hindi hassle.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    Drove to the office in QC from Makati and didn't turn off the engine for any stops I had to get down from the vehicle (but I locked it of course) and left it running for about an hour when I got to the office just in case.

That was good enough for one crank but luckily I was already at the office when I tried it out.
    Ah the perks of having a diesel just leave it running and lock the doors!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Please post your car's model and setup and the number of years you wait, for you to replace your old batt.
    i buy a new battery on the day the warranty expires. my ride is 93 A/T model with stock setup.
    Last edited by magnus; September 4th, 2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added some more words.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    di naman basta-bastang mamamatay yun battery. pag lumabas na yun symptoms mahina na siya, palit agad

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    you can always anticipate the symptoms of a weak battery. hindi na one click pag start, medyo malabo na yung mga ilaw (pag gabi). saka kahit na kakapatay lang makina, pag pina-start mo di pa rin one click.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wait for it hangang ma dedo... kahit medyo dedo na nga, ginagamit parin. may battery charger kasi eh...
    Last edited by rion; September 4th, 2007 at 11:20 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I normally look for telltale signs, low cranking. Have the battery and charging system check.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Ah the perks of having a diesel just leave it running and lock the doors!
    Yup yup!

Woo Hoo! :groupwave:

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    my batt has 9 lives!

seriously, just waiting for it to show signs of dying. it usually take X years din naman. unless, faulty talaga yun batt kahit bnew.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
When replacing your battery do you wait for it to die or buy a new one every X years?