New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I suggest you have it checked immedietly. Traffic situations right now in the metro are horrible to say the least. You might be stuck on the side of the road. If you can't, then I suggest you defer from using added electrical load during night driving, as this is the time that your electrical system consumes power a lot (if all are turned on).

So turn off that radio muna, if hindi naman ganoon kainit, turn off the AC and open the windows halfway (do not open totally for security reasons).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anne10 View Post
    my battery is just a few months old. bought it last april 2012. pano po ba malaman kung gano kataas ang rpm ng makina at idle? what's the normal setting? pansin ko po pag nakahinto ang car with the engine running, nagfa-fluctuate ang rpm. pag umaandar naman ang kotse at nagfluctuate, dun minsan ako namamatayan ng makina
    best way is to buy a battery volt meter and put it in your car, some store sells a plug and play battery volt meter- a better solution to all your problem, dito din malalaman kung talagang alternator problema

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mura lang yung digital multitester sa cdr-king ... malaking tulong sa pag-testing ng electricals sa oto

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hi again, the same problem persists and even got worse. I had my alternator and clutch master kit replaced recently. Ganon pa din problem, the rpm is fluctuating. Pag mag menor ka, bumabagsak yun rpm tapos namamatay makina. Binalik ko sa gumawa ng alternator, he checked the voltage reading, tama naman daw. Hindi daw sa alternator prob. He then asked us to go to this other mechanic para paadjust yun idle. The thing is, malakas naman sa gas tapos after a few hours, ganon na naman, rpm fluctuates and engine dies pag mag menor na. Itutulak na para umandar.

What else could be wrong with my car??

San ko ba maganda patignan para macheck na lahat ng kailangan macheck?

Any suggestions? I'm from muntinlupa.

Thanks in advance!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I suggest have your car undergo diagnostic scan test (if that is equiped with obd port ).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by anne10 View Post
    Hi again, the same problem persists and even got worse. I had my alternator and clutch master kit replaced recently. Ganon pa din problem, the rpm is fluctuating. Pag mag menor ka, bumabagsak yun rpm tapos namamatay makina. Binalik ko sa gumawa ng alternator, he checked the voltage reading, tama naman daw. Hindi daw sa alternator prob. He then asked us to go to this other mechanic para paadjust yun idle. The thing is, malakas naman sa gas tapos after a few hours, ganon na naman, rpm fluctuates and engine dies pag mag menor na. Itutulak na para umandar.

What else could be wrong with my car??

San ko ba maganda patignan para macheck na lahat ng kailangan macheck?

Any suggestions? I'm from muntinlupa.

Thanks in advance!

From the negative terminal of your battery check mo kung saan nakakabit ung black na cable (ground), most likely isang wire lang yan at nakakabit sa body ng car mo. Since ok naman ang battery mo at alternator baka you need to add additional grounding kit, mura lang naman din ito at better magpatakbo ka ng isang wire (from the negative terminal of the battery) na naka tap sa engine.

What is a grounding kit and how does it benefit someone's car : G35 and G37 General Discussions

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    my two cents worth...start with the basic..try mo rin pa-check yun fuse (10Amps) usually for the motor...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Update:

As of Jan 11, my car is running ok. Bought a new motolite enduro battery and finally had the alternator rechecked. So ok na sya sa ngayon. The only problem remaining is the stepper motor/ servo. According to the mechanic that was recommended to me by a friend, kailangan ko na daw magpalit ng servo motor.

I'm not exactly sure if I understood everything he explained basta I need to have it replaced because mine is already busted that's why nagfa-fluctuate daw yun kuryente.
    Tama ba pagkaintindi ko?

He said I need to set aside 10-12k for a new one.

Does anyone here know what kind.of servo motor a nissan altima 1994, manual transmission?

I saw a someone in sulit selling a second hand servo for nissan.altima 1996, automatic transmission. It's an SR20DE daw. Is this the same kaya?

Please, i need your suggestions/comments

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Baka IACV or Idle Air Control Valve iyan. Mahal pala 12K. Hwag muna bili ng bili ng parts.Try mo muna palinis yun IACV dahil luma na kotse. Hangin kasi dumadaan diyan at baka barado na.

Pwede rin loose lang connector ng stepper motor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What's wrong with my car?