New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



View Poll Results: What is the Longest Life of your Battery?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 2 yrs

    4 4.82%
  • 2 years

    19 22.89%
  • 3 years

    19 22.89%
  • 4 years

    21 25.30%
  • 5 yrs and over

    20 24.10%
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 491
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,492
    #471
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Thank you. So the moment I experience hard starting in my vehicle I should check the water level.

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    48,116
    #472
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    yeah. i think that is supposed to be battery acid. i was under the impression na nakasanayan lang na distilled water nilalagay pero it is not supposed to be.
    the original elecvtrolyte liquid is indeed sulfuric acid.
    but the refills are only plain distilled water.
    this wilkins is a very convenient as a source of real distilled water.
    even laboratories use it.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    48,116
    #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Thank you. So the moment I experience hard starting in my vehicle I should check the water level.
    yes and no.
    if still under warranty, i'd bring it to the store for possible replacement.
    the day after warranty expires, i'd tear out that cover, peep into the cells, and add water if necessary. baka makuha pa sa ganun.

    some folks advocate this chemical or charger thingee, to revive dying batteries, but i have no experience with them.

  4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,492
    #474
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the original elecvtrolyte liquid is indeed sulfuric acid.
    but the refills are only plain distilled water.
    this wilkins is a very convenient as a source of real distilled water.
    even laboratories use it.
    Doc you mentioned real distilled water because this is recommended water from our pedia does it mean other brands like absolute and nature spring is not as real as wilkins?

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    48,116
    #475
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Doc you mentioned real distilled water because this is recommended water from our pedia does it mean other brands like absolute and nature spring is not as real as wilkins?
    i'd read the etiketa, to see what they contain, po.
    if it says pure distilled water, then it's probably safe for the battery.

    nature spring... i think it's not distilled. i think it's purified (i.e., filtered) ground water.
    if it does not speecifically say, "distilled water", i will assume that it is not.

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,384
    #476
    agree.. it needs to have the word.. "DISTILLED"

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    42,194
    #477
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd read the etiketa, to see what they contain, po.
    if it says pure distilled water, then it's probably safe for the battery.

    nature spring... i think it's not distilled. i think it's purified (i.e., filtered) ground water.
    if it does not speecifically say, "distilled water", i will assume that it is not.
    ung absolute distilled yun

    ung summit may mineral

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13,481
    #478
    tsikoteers,

    you need to observe pag nasa supermarket. Si natures spring meron tatlo variant = mineral, distilled, high ph aka alkaline.

    Si natures spring na pinakamura magbenta ng bottled water. Completo yan sa metro erod.

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23,509
    #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Thank you. So the moment I experience hard starting in my vehicle I should check the water level.
    About 2 months beforw expected expiry dagdagan mo na ng distilled water.

    Sent from my SM-A528B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5,158
    #480
    Types of water:

    1. Distilled - pure water from distillation
    2. Purified - filtered thru several stages
    3. Mineral - usually fresh unprocessed water from a spring source
    4. Sparkling - carbonated
    5. Greyp juice - straight from the gripo

Tags for this Thread

What is the Longest Life of your Car Battery?