New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is the Longest Life of your Battery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 2 yrs

4 4.55%
  • 2 years

20 22.73%
  • 3 years

20 22.73%
  • 4 years

23 26.14%
  • 5 yrs and over

21 23.86%
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    CTEK is not a good option for me right now. Condo parking, no readily available outlet, sir. The problem with getting these premature deaths (even with warranty) is if it happens at a bad time (night time) and in a bad place (remote, scary place).
    my colleague,
    palit battery every two years, no questions asked.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    CTEK is not a good option for me right now. Condo parking, no readily available outlet, sir. The problem with getting these premature deaths (even with warranty) is if it happens at a bad time (night time) and in a bad place (remote, scary place).
    That is another reason why I also have a jump-start battery. There are times that a battery may "decide" to die at the most inconvenient time and place. Although most of the time, I used the JumpStart battery to strangers and friends.

A cable is also good, but the downside is that you have to wait for another vehicle with a driver who is willing to give you a jump.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The first two times there were no questions asked also, sir. I don't really know why they're being more cautious this time. Maybe they're experiencing a deluge of premature deaths under warranty and it's bad for business already?
    Nah, that may be part of the new Motolite smart scheme....The brilliant pairing of Engineered Expiry + Red Tape within warranty....hoping some will just tire of the process & get new batts. Ramcar is into perishables...donuts, fried chicken, & now...their batts.What is the Longest Life of your Car Battery?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    A cable is also good, but the downside is that you have to wait for another vehicle with a driver who is willing to give you a jump.
    some taxi drivers drive around with jumper cables, to give those in need, a boost.
    extra income for them.

then, there's the motolite battery delivery phone call. hey! you will have to buy a battery, anyway.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 28th, 2020 at 03:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

then, there's the motolite battery delivery phone call. hey! you will have to buy a battery, anyway.
    That delivery service costs almost a thousand bucks higher than your suking battery shop. It may be better and less hassle to follow your friend's habit of replacing every 2 years or better yet at the first sign of conking out, if ever

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    That delivery service costs almost a thousand bucks higher than your suking battery shop. It may be better and less hassle to follow your friend's habit of replacing every 2 years or better yet at the first sign of conking out, if ever
    i tried motolite delivery before.
    halos pareho lang compared to "walk-in".

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    That is another reason why I also have a jump-start battery. There are times that a battery may "decide" to die at the most inconvenient time and place. Although most of the time, I used the JumpStart battery to strangers and friends.

I forgot to mention that my dad asked for assistance to jump start the dead battery using jumper cables, but they were not successful in reviving it -- even after 2 attempts. I called up Motolite Hotline and when they came, they were able to successfully revive it -- for 150 pesos. I don't know what exactly Motolite did, though, because I was not there. Seems they're the only ones who can bring it back to life.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I forgot to mention that my dad asked for assistance to jump start the dead battery using jumper cables, but they were not successful in reviving it -- even after 2 attempts. I called up Motolite Hotline and when they came, they were able to successfully revive it -- for 150 pesos. I don't know what exactly Motolite did, though, because I was not there. Seems they're the only ones who can bring it back to life.
    we used to drive our batteries to the ground. limited resources and small allowances syndrome.
    i pride myself in being an expert in jump-starting and push-starting. we would even push-start diesel MTs (it's easier than you think).
    but when our AT wigo's original battery died,.... i failed... miserably! we even used the car battery charger, to no avail.
    when the motolite delivery guy arrived and installed his new battery, the car started at first click, in its usual manner.

in retrospect, in my opinion,
    it was a very small battery.
    no leeway for warning signs.
    and when it dies, there's very little plate material to work with...
    Last edited by dr. d; January 28th, 2020 at 10:32 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Cheap jumpstart cables LOOK thick & reliable. Not all are equals. Once on a rescue mission, I tried w/ a nicely packaged set of cables to no avail. Had to go back & get the trusty DIY set....Vrroooom...Jumpstarted fine in 1 crank attempt.
    Upon closer inspection of the cheap Chinese kit, yes...the insulation was nice & thick...the wires? They were just a few thin strands. No wonder.What is the Longest Life of your Car Battery?....Lesson learned. Now, I keep an AntiGravity XP1 handy.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Cheap jumpstart cables LOOK thick & reliable. Not all are equals. Once on a rescue mission, I tried w/ a nicely packaged set of cables to no avail. Had to go back & get the trusty DIY set....Vrroooom...Jumpstarted fine in 1 crank attempt.
    Upon closer inspection of the cheap Chinese kit, yes...the insulation was nice & thick...the wires? They were just a few thin strands. No wonder.What is the Longest Life of your Car Battery?....Lesson learned. Now, I keep an AntiGravity XP1 handy.

Right! That's why I have one that is custom made. The wire itself is about 5 mm thick so the overall diameter is about 1 cm.

I gave it up for a friend since I have a similar one just like yours.