New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is the Longest Life of your Battery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 2 yrs

4 4.55%
  • 2 years

20 22.73%
  • 3 years

20 22.73%
  • 4 years

23 26.14%
  • 5 yrs and over

21 23.86%
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cruz View Post
    I have a Land Cruiser BJ40 1981 model and in need of a battery replacement. Does anybody have any recommendations for a 6MF/N100 size battery for it? I am frustrated that I have to replace the battery after a year and a half. I checked the electricals and nothing is grounding the wires anywhere and I always make sure all the electronics are off before I get out of the car.
    I used to have a Willy's Jeep that uses that same battery, if I am not mistaken, it has 15 plates, but since I find the battery too long, I decided to replace it with 3SMF since it also has the same number of plates. Battery brand I tried was Motolite Excel but since it always die down on me after its warranty, I shifted to Amaron Pro or Panasonic.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    I used to have a Willy's Jeep that uses that same battery, if I am not mistaken, it has 15 plates, but since I find the battery too long, I decided to replace it with 3SMF since it also has the same number of plates. Battery brand I tried was Motolite Excel but since it always die down on me after its warranty, I shifted to Amaron Pro or Panasonic.
    The panasonic battery on my previous ride (and now sold) is still up and running. 5.5 years

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cruz View Post
    I have a Land Cruiser BJ40 1981 model and in need of a battery replacement. Does anybody have any recommendations for a 6MF/N100 size battery for it? I am frustrated that I have to replace the battery after a year and a half. I checked the electricals and nothing is grounding the wires anywhere and I always make sure all the electronics are off before I get out of the car.
    Charge your car bettery with CTEK.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Charge your car bettery with CTEK.
    Yes CTEK is the premium among smart car battery chargers and this would surely help. It is safe and effective for any car battery.

The alternator may be a suspect too. He may want to have a reputable electrician to check it out.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    We have a five-stage automatic car battery charger. Pwde niyong hiramin if madaan kayo Parañaque/Las Piñas area.

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    We have a five-stage automatic car battery charger. Pwde niyong hiramin if madaan kayo Parañaque/Las Piñas area.

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tapatalk
    Nice share bro.

Yours have 5 amps. Mine is just 1.2 hehe. The old "slow and low". Kaya i need to recheck with a multitester when fully charged if it already reaches 12.6 volts. Kaya around 8 hours naka connect yun smart car charger ko.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Nice share bro.

Yours have 5 amps. Mine is just 1.2 hehe. The old "slow and low". Kaya i need to recheck with a multitester when fully charged if it already reaches 12.6 volts. Kaya around 8 hours naka connect yun smart car charger ko.
    wala trickle charge feature bro, para pwede iwanan nalang and no need to test?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    wala trickle charge feature bro, para pwede iwanan nalang and no need to test?
    Actually being a trickle charger is part of it hehe. OC ko na lang to have it checked with a multi tester hehe. Even after fully charged na, I still leave it attached parang as a battery maintainer na din. Safe naman kasi since it is a smart car charger. I leave my battery topped off lang din especially matic ang kotse ko

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Actually being a trickle charger is part of it hehe. OC ko na lang to have it checked with a multi tester hehe. Even after fully charged na, I still leave it attached parang as a battery maintainer na din. Safe naman kasi since it is a smart car charger. I leave my battery topped off lang din especially matic ang kotse ko
    planning to DIY a quick release bro, baka magustuhan mo gayahin; post ko dito

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    planning to DIY a quick release bro, baka magustuhan mo gayahin; post ko dito
    CTek's ComfortConnect cables are pretty hobo, good ninj.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk