New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is the Longest Life of your Battery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 2 yrs

4 4.55%
  • 2 years

20 22.73%
  • 3 years

20 22.73%
  • 4 years

23 26.14%
  • 5 yrs and over

21 23.86%
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    May tab dyan sa lower right portion of the one encircled in blue.. kita mo yung naka lawit na plastic sa edge.. wedge a screw driver to lift it up

Malamang dumikit na yan sa tagal pero pwede mo remove yan..
    Got it thanks will try it out again.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Had my battery replaced with Yokohama. I ask the motolite guy to check on my old battery and he injected a DC 100amps then my battery voltage went down to 10V and he told me it really need replacement.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Had my battery replaced with Yokohama. I ask the motolite guy to check on my old battery and he injected a DC 100amps then my battery voltage went down to 10V and he told me it really need replacement.
    might i inquire,
    size, price, and warranty?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    might i inquire,
    size, price, and warranty?
    Its a small one NS40 price is 3500 with 16months warranty Yokohama Premium. My other car battery also needed replacement I think. Why is it that older car needs a much bigger battery? Mine is 2SM but it is morte than 10yrs old and the supplier said I should replace it with a 3SM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Its a small one NS40 price is 3500 with 16months warranty Yokohama Premium. My other car battery also needed replacement I think. Why is it that older car needs a much bigger battery? Mine is 2SM but it is morte than 10yrs old and the supplier said I should replace it with a 3SM.
    thanks.

i do not know why older cars are recommended to upgrade to larger battery. if i have to guess, "sales talk". heh heh.

in my older cars, when i needed to replace the factory battery, i opted for the next smaller size. i did not notice any longevity changes, naman.
    the battery's main function, is to start the engine. once started and running, it is the alternator that does the electrical chores.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 13th, 2022 at 10:08 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    thanks.

i do not know why older cars are recommended to upgrade to larger battery. if i have to guess, "sales talk". heh heh.

in my older cars, when i needed to replace the factory battery, i opted for the next smaller size. i did not notice any longevity changes, naman.
    Yeah that is also what I think just sales talk not unless there is a scientific basis that older cars needs more battery amp.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    most of today's cars, you register the new replacement battery to the pcm. this is common to cars where the voltage regulator is in the pcm itself. if the replacement battery is not registered, the pcm will tend to overcharge since it will have learned (block learn memory) the state of health of the old battery and apply it to the new battery, hence, the possibility of overcharging the new battery

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    most of today's cars, you register the new replacement battery to the pcm. this is common to cars where the voltage regulator is in the pcm itself. if the replacement battery is not registered, the pcm will tend to overcharge since it will have learned (block learn memory) the state of health of the old battery and apply it to the new battery, hence, the possibility of overcharging the new battery
    i never knew this in our toyotas. but we haven't purchased any new cars for 8 years now.
    the car owner's manual didn't mention it, either.
    hmmm...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i never knew this in our toyotas. but we haven't purchased any new cars for 8 years now.
    the car owner's manual didn't mention it, either.
    hmmm...
    bmw abala sa ganyan battery registery/coding