New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is the Longest Life of your Battery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 2 yrs

4 4.55%
  • 2 years

20 22.73%
  • 3 years

20 22.73%
  • 4 years

23 26.14%
  • 5 yrs and over

21 23.86%
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I have that electronic batt tester.. works good.. you need to choose your batt type and test method..

Can test crank power din..

Sa experience ko with motolite.. mataas pa lahat water level pero weak na talaga.. then when measured, high internal resistance na

2. Join Date
    Oct 2021
    My Mazda CX-30 when I drove it 2 weeks ago it has around 14v when I checked.
    Earlier before driving from work I noticed mejo matagal yung engine start from the usual. When I check the voltage it only has around 12.2v. Pero nung nakauwi na ako nasa 13v na ulit.

Should I be worried? Sakto parating na yung CTEK CT5 I ordered this 8.8.

Btw I only use this cigar port device to check the battery voltage. Not sure if accurate sya.screenshot_20220810-003349.jpg

Sent from my HD1900 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ilang taon na battery?

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
    My Mazda CX-30 when I drove it 2 weeks ago it has around 14v when I checked.
    Earlier before driving from work I noticed mejo matagal yung engine start from the usual. When I check the voltage it only has around 12.2v. Pero nung nakauwi na ako nasa 13v na ulit.

Should I be worried? Sakto parating na yung CTEK CT5 I ordered this 8.8.

Btw I only use this cigar port device to check the battery voltage. Not sure if accurate sya.screenshot_20220810-003349.jpg

Sent from my HD1900 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    That's actually right. My cheap Motolite Enduro lasted 3 years. When the 15-month warranty expired, I opened it and added more distilled water as the water level seemed very low.

I suspect they put just enough water to last until the warranty period.

Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it. - Mike Tyson

I will check mine, how did you open it?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Remove sticker on top of battery to access screw caps.. no need to reinstall the sticker

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yespo.
    most of these maintenance-less batteries have a warranty sticker covering the plastic plate that covers the filler holes.
    if one opens the battery, the warranty sticker is torn, voiding any remaining warranty. the plastic plate can then be prised open with one's fingers, or with a flat-blade screwdriver.

if one wants to preserve warranty,
    one must wait until the warranty expires, then tear it off the very next day and inspect the water levels.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    i find it amusing, that instead of treading over to the car accessories shop or to the auto supply for battery water,
    they use common absolute distilled drinking water.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i find it amusing, that instead of treading over to the car accessories shop or to the auto supply for battery water,
    they use common absolute distilled drinking water.
    yeah. i think that is supposed to be battery acid. i was under the impression na nakasanayan lang na distilled water nilalagay pero it is not supposed to be.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    battery acid is for brand new batteries na wala pa "tubig"

the battery shop fills it when you buy a battery

after using the battery for months/years, pag bumaba ang level, you use distilled water pandagdag

battery water that you buy in shops is distilled water

-

sa pagkaalam ko hindi battery acid ang pandagdag

it's only for brand new batteries
    Last edited by uls; August 10th, 2022 at 12:05 PM.