New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Most units are similar sized... but AFAIK, the popular pistols are air-powered (lack of space for a strong motor). The footprint for a good airsoft motor isn't really much bigger than a pistol, but when stripped down to that size, they kind of lose accuracy.

The shortness of barrel might be the difference between dinging the rear hatch of the a$ SUV that just cut you off and putting out a pedestrian's eye.

Why be shy? ... Maybe I should finish that electro-magnetic railgun so I could fire out anything made of metal and would fit in the tube? Lug nuts at 50fps anyone?

Anyway, there are more electric "air-soft" guns these days than back when I was playing with those guns. I could probably find something I could work with.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Good luck with the trigger-happy projects for you both.

As for me, I think I'll stick with the water gun for now.

I wonder if smoke machines are feasible as street douchbag busters.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    I wonder if smoke machines are feasible as street douchbag busters.

As long as you can figure out an electrical trigger or firing system, it's possible.

But if you are going fast, the smoke wouldn't be thick enough to be effective to hamper vision.

Paintball launcher aimed at the windshield might be more effective. hehehe
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 13th, 2010 at 10:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Paintball launcher aimed at the windshield might be more effective. hehehe
    That's a very good idea. Install it under your car. Di nila alam saan galing yun paintball. Ha ha ha

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinoi View Post
    That's a very good idea. Install it under your car. Di nila alam saan galing yun paintball. Ha ha ha
    Kinda hard to find a space long enough to mount such stuff within the front area of the car.

Best area would be around the headlights so you can have the long body of the gun hidden partly in the fender... but that would mean you would need to have a hole to shoot through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What to do with two open circuit wires in the engine bay?