New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nothing will melt or burn because you did not specify the amount of load. But normal car load would not even reach 100A in total so even a 100A cable should do just fine.

You should also consider the resistance of the cable and the amount of load, apply Ohms and Kirchhoff's law to sum up to voltage drop.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Guardbanded means should have rubber-covered protection?
    Bro - what I meant by guardbanded is that it is rated some percentages higher than what is required....

Others call it factor of safety but this time with a multiple of what's required.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    guardband = lastiko
    guardband = multiplexing and modulation
    😂

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    But normal car load would not even reach 100A in total so even a 100A cable should do just fine.
    I see, I did not know that the recipient battery might need only less than 100A... So buying a 500A cable is already OK...

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the electrical flow will be limited by what the electrical appliance will need.
    if it needs half an amp, then only half an amp will flow thru your big cables.

errr...
    what do you intend to power with those cables, po?
    just for emergency purposes only...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I see, I did not know that the recipient battery might need only less than 100A... So buying a 500A cable is already OK...
    Yes, but install fuse in between and disconnect solenoid for your safety. If what you are planning is a dual-bat setup for an RV, there is a kit for that including a regulator. Distance will also matter, the longer the distance the larger the wire gauge usually 6-8ga stranded-wire will do on a car.

7. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Yes, but install fuse in between and disconnect solenoid for your safety. If what you are planning is a dual-bat setup for an RV, there is a kit for that including a regulator.
    I only know is the ordinary booster cable, sorry I am not familiar with the fuse and solenoid and RV...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Use anderson plug if permanent. If temporary, the alligator clips of your booster cable should do fine. Just google the terms if not familiar, there is also a booster cable topic here in this forum that might help you.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Also make sure the alligator clips have a good grip / clamping force on the terminals..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    This is what I have, the KYK packaging says 500A battery jumpstart cable. The cable gauge looks like AWG 6(~14mm2), makapal lang balat so it looks thick. Good enough for quick jumpstarts.

Below is a comparison of a 50mm2 and 22mm2 stranded cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast