New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    A.) Using a 800 amp Booster Cable, If I am going to get power from a 700 amp (3SM) Battery, to power a lowly functioning 400 amp (1SM or 2SM)Battery, could it destroy the electrical components of the smaller car?

B.) What if I use a 500 amp Booster cable, would the booster cable melt because of the higher 700amp (3SM) Battery?

Thanks for the advise!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    A.) Using a 800 amp Booster Cable, If I am going to get power from a 700 amp (3SM) Battery, to power a lowly functioning 400 amp (1SM or 2SM)Battery, could it destroy the electrical components of the smaller car?

B.) What if I use a 500 amp Booster cable, would the booster cable melt because of the higher 700amp (3SM) Battery?

Thanks for the advise!
    A, you only destroy electrical components by swapping the red and black...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016

Thanks for the advise!
    no it wont melt your cable either of the two, 12v lang naman dumadaan dyan e, i suggest using the higher amp cable for better starting power.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    no it wont melt your cable either of the two, 12v lang naman dumadaan dyan e, i suggest using the higher amp cable for better starting power.

it will get warm.

ts

get heavy duty ones. mine are rated 800 amps with plated clamps.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    it will get warm.

ts

get heavy duty ones. mine are rated 800 amps with plated clamps.
    Agree, they will just get warm....

Current rating, of the transmission (booster cable in this case) should be guardbanded vs the current(power) rating of the source...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A.)

Thanks for the advise!
    This depends on the Current required to start the vehicle... Since both batteries are in parallel, - assuming the receiving battery is not dead, then Current required from the source battery and through the booster cable is actually less...

7. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    A, you only destroy electrical components by swapping the red and black...

Now I know thanks!

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post

I see, what if you only use a 400 Amp Booster Cable VS a 500 AMP recipient Battery and a 700 Amp Battery ?

Could the 400 Amp Booster Cable still transfer 500 AMP? or it would melt right away?

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Agree, they will just get warm....

Current rating, of the transmission (booster cable in this case) should be guardbanded vs the current(power) rating of the source...
    Guardbanded means should have rubber-covered protection?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Thanks for the advise!
    the electrical flow will be limited by what the electrical appliance will need.
    if it needs half an amp, then only half an amp will flow thru your big cables.

errr...
    what do you intend to power with those cables, po?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast