New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    now if you have an audio / video setup and use it while the engine is off, that will be a different story.
    may gumagawa pa ba nito?

naalala ko bigla yung Antipolo and Mindanao Ave days nung 90s, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    smaller battery means faster charging time, less concern for battery discharge
    Pero bigger battery means more battery to drain... for those times na ikot lang ng ikot yung starter pero ayaw magstart

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    smaller battery means faster charging time, less concern for battery discharge
    That doesn't make any sense.

If you have two fully-charged car batteries, one bigger than the other, and discharged 10 Ah from each, the charging time for them to reach 100% is the same for both batteries.

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.

If you have two fully-charged car batteries, one bigger than the other, and discharged 10 Ah from each, the charging time for them to reach 100% is the same for both batteries.

let's say you have a 800 CCA battery and a smaller 600 CCA battery, if you have a 5-amp battery charger like CTEK, isn't it mas mauuna marerecharge fully ang 600 CCA battery? or I could be wrong...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Just sharing...

Car (1.5 years old) didn't start 1 morning...

I told father in law to just call Motolite and have a new battery installed...

Motolite guy told my father in law na what happened is "normal" since maliit daw yung battery na kinakabit ng dealership

So Motolite told my father in law na mas maayos at mas malaki daw yung battery na linagay nga... "pangmatagalan"

Father in law was so happy and even sent me the receipt... 1SMF din yung linagay ni Motolite, although physically, mas malaki sya ng konti sa Panasonic

quick background, walang alam si father in law pag dating sa sasakyan...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Id stick with what your vehicle originally came with.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    let's say you have a 800 CCA battery and a smaller 600 CCA battery, if you have a 5-amp battery charger like CTEK, isn't it mas mauuna marerecharge fully ang 600 CCA battery? or I could be wrong...
    Charging time depends on how discharged the battery is (DoD).

Let's say you have two containers full of water.... a 100-liter container and a 50-liter container.

Now, take out 10 liters from each container (ie. discharge 10 liters). You should now end up having 90 liters and 40 liters in each container, respectively, correct?

Both would have the same exact deficit... 10 liters. The time it takes to refill (recharge) them back to full state (with the same charging profile) will be virtually the same.

But then, if you take out 20 liters from the 50-liter container but only 10 liters from the 100-liter container, the smaller container, having a deficit of 20 liters, will take longer to refill compared to the 100-liter container that has a 10-liter deficit.

That's why your assertion makes no sense.

7. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Charging time depends on how discharged the battery is (DoD).

Let's say you have two containers full of water.... a 100-liter container and a 50-liter container.

Now, take out 10 liters from each container (ie. discharge 10 liters). You should now end up having 90 liters and 40 liters in each container, respectively, correct?

Both would have the same exact deficit... 10 liters. The time it takes to refill (recharge) them back to full state (with the same charging profile) will be virtually the same.

But then, if you take out 20liters from the 50-liter container but only 10 liters from the 100-liter container, the smaller container, having a deficit of 20 liters, will take longer to refill compared to the 100-liter container that has a 10-liter deficit.

That's why your assertion makes no sense.

I see, thanks for the good explanation oj88!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Id stick with what your vehicle originally came with.
    This. You can come with all mumbo jumbo/justification/reasoning but If it's working out of factory why would I spend more money just to get higher rated batt which serves no purpose really.

Pag nasira after warranty then replace it. Pag within the warranty then it's free.

Don't make your life complicated.

Saka why would I squeezed the life of the car batt as long I can? Eh magkano lang naman yun? Let's say 5k. So ₱300/month more or less for 1.5 yrs? Kung warranty eh 18 months lang. Tama ba?

Now if you're worried na masira battery in the middle of the night. Eh melrn na naman na 24/7 yun motolite.

Hinde na uso ngayon yun lumang panahon na stucked ka na automatic pag bumigya battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Just sharing...

Car (1.5 years old) didn't start 1 morning...

I told father in law to just call Motolite and have a new battery installed...

Motolite guy told my father in law na what happened is "normal" since maliit daw yung battery na kinakabit ng dealership

So Motolite told my father in law na mas maayos at mas malaki daw yung battery na linagay nga... "pangmatagalan"

Father in law was so happy and even sent me the receipt... 1SMF din yung linagay ni Motolite, although physically, mas malaki sya ng konti sa Panasonic

quick background, walang alam si father in law pag dating sa sasakyan...
    Putsa, napahalakhak ako dun ah! Uprating of battery to next higher capacity

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    When the battery in my Innova died, they replaced it with something beefier... 3SMF. The reason they gave me, or so they say, was that it's the only one they had that would fit my vehicle. And when you're in a pickle, you don't get to be choosy so I said ok.

Almost 2 years in, and now just weeks away from its warranty running out, it still cranks like it's going to destroy the starter. Those extra CCAs are really.. umm... cranking!

I also have tons of electronics... 2DIN HU, Amazon Echo Dot, phone charger, subwoofer, GPS receiver, GPS rerad system, TV tuner, dashcam, and a Roku.

Who doesn't want a bit more reserve capacity and headroom?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast