New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ the manual's instructions are in general terms. Just like any other loosely translated chinese literature

So it's ok to leave it resting atop the engine bay while it's operating?

I'll just use it for topping-up purposes only

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ the manual's instructions are in general terms. Just like any other loosely translated chinese literature

Yes, you can keep it atop the engine bay.

SON-10A is old model. The new models are SON-10A+ and SON-20A+ with improved charging and enclosure.

Last edited by red_one; February 13th, 2018 at 09:20 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    My battery can't start my car anymore. Happened just 2 hours ago. I was able to drive home with the help of my powerbank with jumpstart function.

I'd rather not go out tonight to get a new battery. My plan is to start it up tomorrow morning again with the powerbank then drive over to a battery dealer. Right now, the car is parked at home with alarm on and doors locked. Is there any chance that the battery will totally drain overnight because of the alarm being left on? If it totally drains, will I still be able to jumpstart with a powerbank?

By the way, nag-check engine bigla after kong i-start. Side effect ba ito ng pag-jumpstart?
    your battery can't hold its charge for long periods (longer than, say, 15 minutes) anymore, even if it is not connected to anything.
    patay na po siya.
    you can probably still start the car, with the use of your powerbank.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

yespo.
    the manual is written for "worst case scenarios".

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Yes, you can keep it atop the engine bay.

SON-10A is old model. The new models are SON-10A+ and SON-20A+ with improved charging and enclosure.

Is the son-20a any good? I'm eyeing a Vgate which is around 3.8k that seems to be similar in operation but still cheaper than a Ctek. Ok na ba ito for maintenance purposes o mas maigi pa ring mag-invest sa Vgate o Ctek?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Is the son-20a any good? I'm eyeing a Vgate which is around 3.8k that seems to be similar in operation but still cheaper than a Ctek. Ok na ba ito for maintenance purposes o mas maigi pa ring mag-invest sa Vgate o Ctek?
    Depends on what you are looking for. SON-20A+ is Automatic 3-stage 20A Charger.

Since you have the budget, I suggest this one. Automatic Smart 7-stage 8A Battery Charger Desulfator Maintainer with Reverse Pulse. Just P3,000.

Last edited by red_one; February 13th, 2018 at 10:53 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    your battery can't hold its charge for long periods (longer than, say, 15 minutes) anymore, even if it is not connected to anything.
    patay na po siya.
    you can probably still start the car, with the use of your powerbank.
    Yes, the battery was indeed dying. Since it's a weekend car, I waited 6 days to buy a replacement. By then, the battery voltage was already down to 8V. Powerbank was still able to start it up but since there was a bit of hesitation in cranking, I kept it running and drove to the nearest battery dealer pronto.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Depends on what you are looking for. SON-20A+ is 3-stage charger.

I suggest this one. Automatic Smart 7-stage 8A Battery Charger Desulfator Maintainer with Reverse Pulse. Just P3,000.

Thanks, I'll add this to my wishlist, hehe.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Do i need to disconnect the battery in order to safely and effectively use this digital battery charger

is it safe to leave it on the engine bay while it's charging the car battery?

How long does it need to recharge the battery?

If its for the first time you will use that contraption, its safe to remove a battery terminal (preferably the red terminal or the positive).

Its better safe than sorry, that thing you bought could be defective out of the box (shorted). Disconnecting the positive or red terminal to the battery isolate your cars electrical and electronic circuits from the battery and the new gadget you will attach to your battery.

Negative terminal shouldnt be disconnected because its always connected to the ground and the body of all cars are good ground. Should the new gadget you have bought is defective or shorted the ground or the body of your car is a good place to absorb the high current that could flow

The worst case scenario when theres poor grounding, the battery can explode in your face. Batteries contain acids that could blind you when it reach your eyes

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; February 13th, 2018 at 11:51 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I finally Tried it yesterday Stupid question about dead car battery (car wouldn't start)

pag pumapalo na ng 0 (intermittently) fully charged na iyong batt? Very unclead iyong manual about this

Ps pls excuse the dusty engine bay 🐷

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast