New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Mine also charges the battery connected to the car. The user manual says it is okay. This is an automatic 7-stage charger desulfator, with reverse pulse tech.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    I have tried this and confirmed that this works, without removing the battery connection and no ill effect on the ECU.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ i have something similar to that although i have yet to use it. siguro mga para sigurado kelangan ko i-disconnect ang negative bago i-charge ang batt

btw, ano ba dapat reading sa volt meter (more or less) para malaman na medyo mahina na ang battery? maganda pa naman kasi ang cranking. tnx

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ i have something similar to that although i have yet to use it. siguro mga para sigurado kelangan ko i-disconnect ang negative bago i-charge ang batt

btw, ano ba dapat reading sa volt meter (more or less) para malaman na medyo mahina na ang battery? maganda pa naman kasi ang cranking. tnx
    Okay lang icharge kahit nakakabit pa sa makina kahit i switch ON/accesories ok lamg din especialy if good brand car charger gamit mo... Wag mo lang i-crank starter at masira charger. I do this when I program the ecu on my 2016 everest. Matagal process and para di macorrupt data transfer during programming, due to low batt, naka connect lagi battery charger ko.

You may want to charge if reading is 12.5 and below. Do your reading first thing in the morning pag gising mo para accurate ung value at di makuha ang surface charge.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013

depende din ata sa engine. yung sa corolla ko dati, kapag 12V, hirap na paikutin starter.

sa hilux naman, 12.2V pa lang ayaw na. haha

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I find it more proper to dismount the battery and charge it on a bench, or counter top. I have an old Bosch Battmax battery charger.

With the battery out, I have this chance of cleaning debris accumulation on and below the battery tray, and on the areas directly below the battery. Keeps everything neat and tidy.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Some cars medyo nakatago ang battery. That is you need to remove some parts pa to access battery. Example, yung sa ASX. My charger can work with battery connected to the car so no need to remove pa. This is quite common to automatic battery chargers.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    My battery can't start my car anymore. Happened just 2 hours ago. I was able to drive home with the help of my powerbank with jumpstart function.

I'd rather not go out tonight to get a new battery. My plan is to start it up tomorrow morning again with the powerbank then drive over to a battery dealer. Right now, the car is parked at home with alarm on and doors locked. Is there any chance that the battery will totally drain overnight because of the alarm being left on? If it totally drains, will I still be able to jumpstart with a powerbank?

By the way, nag-check engine bigla after kong i-start. Side effect ba ito ng pag-jumpstart?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Do i need to disconnect the battery in order to safely and effectively use this digital battery charger

is it safe to leave it on the engine bay while it's charging the car battery?

How long does it need to recharge the battery?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Do i need to disconnect the battery in order to safely and effectively use this digital battery charger

is it safe to leave it on the engine bay while it's charging the car battery?

How long does it need to recharge the battery?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Read the user manual that came with the battery charger.

No need to disconnect the battery.

Automatic chargers will switch to trickle mode after battery full so can keep connected to battery.

How long to charge depends on the total capacity and remaining charge of battery. Divide by charging current.

Example, if you have 80Ah battery that is totally drained. Divide by 10A from your charger. It will take 8 hours.

If you are just topping up the charge, it will be much faster.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast