New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    suppose your car wouldn't start due to end-of-life battery. can you somehow recharge it or something to make it start the car one last time? just to get you home...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Not charge but you can use jumper cables and another car to start your car.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    my question is if there is something that can be done to the "dead" battery to make it start the car one last time. can you apply an overcharge for example

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Its dead because it can't hold a charge anymore.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i'm asking because i have this large lithium-ion "powerbank" that outputs 220vac, enough to power a car battery charger. would be a potential lifesaver if this could work...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    You could probably use that to jumpstart the car. You are not charging the battery, but instead coursing the current through the dead battery and into the starter. Once you got the car running, you don't even need the battery.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    youre kidding right, you can't jump start a car w/ 220vac

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Well you're the one wondering if it can be used in the first place. Already told you a dead battery will not charge. If you figured out the 220VAC battery can't start a car, what makes you think it will charge a battery?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    been living under a rock? it's called a car battery charger. you plug it into 220vac. it outputs 13 something volts DC to charge a lead-acid

my theory is if you could somehow zap or jolt or overcharge the car battery to make it start the car one last time. it's pretty obvious you haven't tried it and you don't know jack $hit about this topic so please don't troll. thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Get a battery charger with desulfator function .... might bring back the dead battery back to life

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast