New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Just saw some Google Ads this morning suggesting that I switch my car's regular bulbs to LED...

Has anyone tried this?

Found some articles online...

Should You Swap Your Headlight Bulbs For LEDs? | Jalopnik

Replacing the bulbs in your car tail lights with LEDs

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Just saw some Google Ads this morning suggesting that I switch my car's regular bulbs to LED...

Has anyone tried this?

Found some articles online...

Should You Swap Your Headlight Bulbs For LEDs? | Jalopnik

Replacing the bulbs in your car tail lights with LEDs
    as long as the glare is controlled, i see no issue.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    If that bulb was not designed specifically for your headlight housing better stay away from it.

edit: The led bulb that was used on that article seems to mimic the H4 filament pero di pa rin tama position. The pics below shows how philips position their leds in relation to halogen H4.

Also I think this post is in the wrong section
    Last edited by D3nb3r; October 20th, 2017 at 01:03 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Some may encounter problems on vehicles with computer-managed electronics due to the difference in power used between OE halogen bulbs and replacement LED bulbs. In these cases, to avoid flickering, error messages, premature bulb expiry and incorrectly operating lights, one would need LED error cancelers.
    Bimmers, Mercs, VAGs, US & even some nippon badges come equipped w/ CAN bus systems. Most 06 up & those that.tell when bulbs go out are CAN bus controlled. They may need cancelers. Not all would require so. Examples on headlamps...The BM/BN Mazda3 don't, but the M2 DJ does.
    Ideally, if one should replace stock halogen headlamp bulbs, go for Philips, Osram & other known brands. They offer a wide range of direct replacement halogens in different k & lumens.

Stock Bulbs/Halogen to LED?