New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    While parked waiting at Meralco compound i decided to check the charging voltage of my gs. 14.1V lang with engine on idle. Mababa di ba? Dapat at least 14.5V?

If your vehicle uses an efficient alternator, on startup, initially the voltage will be high ... as soon as the battery is nearing full level, it will gradually taper off the voltage and increase as necessary depending on load ...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Bought another charger... lol this is quickly becoming an obsession. No BT this time, so I'm using an IP camera to monitor remotely.

How come negative clamp is connected directly to negative terminal? ... Shouldn't it be connected to chassis or some other metal part? ...

What are you going to do with 2 car chargers? ...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    How come negative clamp is connected directly to negative terminal? ... Shouldn't it be connected to chassis or some other metal part? ...

where to clamp the negative, whether to the battery post or clamp or to elsewhere,
    iba-ibang opinion ang nasa google.

personally, i do what my family has been doing for decades... i clamp mine to the battery post or clamp. i am comfortable in it, feeling it is "stable enough".

clamp to the chassis?
    where can i find that part of the chassis with unpainted, raw metal...?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I tried to jumper a frontliner car during the ECQ, he insisted to clamp on the bolted-part of the chassis, and it failed to start just cranking slowly. Clamped the negative direct to the poles then it cranked like b'new.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    I tried to jumper a frontliner car during the ECQ, he insisted to clamp on the bolted-part of the chassis, and it failed to start just cranking slowly. Clamped the negative direct to the poles then it cranked like b'new.
    "higher resistance", obviously.
    some folks would clamp to an appropriate part of the engine metal.
    but i find this "messy".
    so i clamp onto the battery na lang.
    just be sure it's a good hold.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Dapat talaga sa engine mismo or sa battery terminal

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    As a safety feature, this charger isn't energized upon clamping it on to the battery so there's no danger of arcing. I think that practice is typically done when "jumping" your vehicle from a donor battery or car. Reason being, attaching the last end of the jumper cable (which makes it energized) may produce some arcing and generally bad if there's build-up of flammable gasses near either batteries.

My intention is to return/refund the first charger. I have an open ticket at Lazada and I'm still waiting for it to be resolved. But worst case, we have other vehicles in the garage, so....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    redundancy is nice.
    just don't forget, lest one purchases more of the same.
    heh heh.

i once had three printers in the house...
    ...bakit meron akong tatlong printers...?

purchased at attractive prices during sales...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 13th, 2020 at 12:58 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    While parked waiting at Meralco compound i decided to check the charging voltage of my gs. 14.1V lang with engine on idle. Mababa di ba? Dapat at least 14.5V? napa-order tuloy ako ng smart battery charger sa lazada, yung Foxsur na100 amp model. Di ko nakita agad yung 150 amp e yun sana pero for shipping na kasi nung makita ko. Anyway good naman na for 3sm yung 100 amp. Di pa dumadating. Sana oem.
    A 12V FLA battery needs a minimum voltage of 12.9V to start charging (albeit, slowly).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    redundancy is nice.
    just don't forget, lest one purchases more of the same.
    heh heh.
    Or I can connect both of them together in parallel to charge my battery twice as fast. lol

no, don't do that.