New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^maybe just resulted to some flushed volatile memory of the clock BCM HU, but it worked without damaging the ECU.

I guess the engineers anticipated this "open battery ckt" scenario during the design of the regulator. Aside from Alternator's full-bridge rectifiers and IC regulators, there are capacitors in parallel and voltage regulators for every electronic part of the car.

I wonder if the trick would also work for smart Alternators- that sleeps or idle when the battery is at full charge to lessen the drag in the drivebelts thereby helping the fuel efficiency.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am curious,
    has anyone here suffered something cata$trophic, when they disconnected the battery from the running engine?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

I wonder if the trick would also work for smart Alternators- that sleeps or idle when the battery is at full charge to lessen the drag in the drivebelts thereby helping the fuel efficiency.
    i did notice, in my older car, that my rpm goes down when i turn my headlights on while at idle.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i did notice, in my older car, that my rpm goes down when i turn my headlights on while at idle.
    ito! bwisit na bwisit ako sa dating honda 09 city gm ni misis. bukod sa rpm fluctuation pag bukas ng ilaw yun headlight nag flicker din every time nag transition sa low at high idle. pinalitan ko ng bumbilya, wiring, added more grounding walang nangyari. nun nag retrofit lang ng HID nawala lahat ng quirks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am curious,
    has anyone here suffered something cata$trophic, when they disconnected the battery from the running engine?
    None that I'm aware of. And there are people who have actually tried removing their batteries with the engine running. In all likelihood, nothing will go wrong.

It's a question of risk. Unless there's an emergency need to remove a battery from a running engine, it's not worth doing it.

Here's a list of common computer modules used on many modern vehicles. Some cars have more, some less, and some have combined several functions into a single module.

● ABS/traction control/stability control module
    ● Airbag (SRS) module
    ● Alarm module (or chime module) for anti-theft system
    ● Body Control Module (BCM)
    ● Cruise control module (if not integrated within the PCM)
    ● Electronic steering module
    ● Engine Control Module (ECM)
    ● Fuel pump control module
    ● Injector driver module (such as FSD/PMD modules on GM diesel engines)
    ● Instrument cluster control module (which may be part of the cluster itself or a separate black box)
    ● Keyless entry module
    ● Lighting module
    ● Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
    ● Remote start/immobilizer module
    ● Suspension control module
    ● Transfer case module (4WD)
    ● Transmission Control Module (TCM)
    ● Wiper motor control module
    ● Vehicle communication module (such as GM OnStar module)
    ● Plus all kinds of “mini” modules for power windows, power seats, heated/cooled seats, power sliding doors, door locks, sunroofs, air flow control doors inside the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) system, and so on.

Source: More Modules Than You Can Shake A Stick At | KnowYourParts

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    ito! bwisit na bwisit ako sa dating honda 09 city gm ni misis. bukod sa rpm fluctuation pag bukas ng ilaw yun headlight nag flicker din every time nag transition sa low at high idle. pinalitan ko ng bumbilya, wiring, added more grounding walang nangyari. nun nag retrofit lang ng HID nawala lahat ng quirks.
    Check your EGR valve / flap if it's already covered in carbon deposits ... and you need to do an idle RELEARN ...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Check your EGR valve / flap if it's already covered in carbon deposits ... and you need to do an idle RELEARN ...
    I don't think that's it. that fluctuation only appears whent the headlight are turned on. also moot point car war already sold 2015 pa hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    What can you say about my china charger ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20200522_210557.jpg  

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EE100shiro View Post
    What can you say about my china charger ?
    looks snazzy)! does it work well? i am under the impression most chargers are manufactured from China including the branded ctek?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    looks snazzy)! does it work well? i am under the impression most chargers are manufactured from China including the branded ctek?
    Automatic charger with Pulse repair (Desulphation)
    Ctek Design by Sweden Assembled in China