New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Same instructions with mine but since I'm lazy, I use a plug switch and don't disconnect the AC plug anymore.
    I have that with the dumb charger my dad uses. Only, I use a smart plug.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I want one of those. Something to look forward to once we upgrade our Jurassic DSL connection.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I don't quite agree with that.

There are inherent risks when charging FLA batteries that has a lot to do with hydrogen gasses and arcing, which I already covered a few posts back. But as far as other electrical/electronic devices, the order in which a device is connected and powered depends on the specific equipment.

As per your example, laptops can be powered up before (ie. on-battery) or after the AC power is applied... it won't matter.
    Good info.

Though dahil may pagka OC ako, it has always been my practice to do what I think is the safer way, may it be a laptop, TV, cellphone, or a blender.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    The procedure is on the user's manual. Mine has specific instructions to plug in the AC plug last. After charging, the AC should be the first to be unplugged.
    Same as mine as well bro Smart Car Battery Charger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I was about to ask what is a smart plug but tried Google first. It says that you can control it through WiFi.

I keep learning from you! One of the reasons why I keep coming back in this forum. Good thing this thread is in my subscribed topics.
    Smart Car Battery Charger

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I was about to ask what is a smart plug but tried Google first. It says that you can control it through WiFi.

I keep learning from you! One of the reasons why I keep coming back in this forum. Good thing this thread is in my subscribed topics.
    Smart Car Battery Charger
    Yes, you can control it over WiFi through an app or Alexa/Google Home.... from anywhere in the world.

Beyond that, you can also set schedules to turn on and off at specific hours of the day or days of the week. It sort of makes a dumb charger a little smarter.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I had the opportunity to observe more how CTEK works. Once the battery is fully charged, it will stay at a minimum voltage of 12.63 V for a few days.

After a few days, and I don't know how many days, CTEK will "play" charging the battery between 12.63 to 13.18 V. I forgot to measure the time interval.

Once I left the car for about two months and when I started it, it was the first time for me to hear it cranking forever. It was when I didn't use CTEK. It must be noted that I am using a "cheat version" of battery. This is an ordinary battery by Motolite, given free by my friend. I never experienced this with the stock battery, not until it died.

Right after turning on CTEK, voltage will climb slowly, for about a minute, up to 14.05 V.

This is a little lower than the charge coming from the alternator at 14.46 V.

I do not know what is my stock battery, if it's an EFB or AGM. All I know is the brand, Yuasa. It is unfortunate that I wasn't able to observe CTEK on my stock battery, the way I was able to observe it now.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I had the opportunity to observe more how CTEK works. Once the battery is fully charged, it will stay at a minimum voltage of 12.63 V for a few days.

After a few days, and I don't know how many days, CTEK will "play" charging the battery between 12.63 to 13.18 V. I forgot to measure the time interval.

Once I left the car for about two months and when I started it, it was the first time for me to hear it cranking forever. It was when I didn't use CTEK. It must be noted that I am using a "cheat version" of battery. This is an ordinary battery by Motolite, given free by my friend. I never experienced this with the stock battery, not until it died.

Right after turning on CTEK, voltage will climb slowly, for about a minute, up to 14.05 V.

This is a little lower than the charge coming from the alternator at 14.46 V.

I do not know what is my stock battery, if it's an EFB or AGM. All I know is the brand, Yuasa. It is unfortunate that I wasn't able to observe CTEK on my stock battery, the way I was able to observe it now.
    Nice of you to find some downtime to observe & share, good brother!Smart Car Battery Charger Stock Yuasa is EFB.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Nice of you to find some downtime to observe & share, good brother!Smart Car Battery Charger Stock Yuasa is EFB.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Thank you for confirming it.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am curious,
    has anyone here suffered something cata$trophic, when they disconnected the battery from the running engine?
    The engine stopped running, some of the console settings were lost like fuel monitor, this happened during battery replacement.