New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    redundancy is nice.
    just don't forget, lest one purchases more of the same.
    heh heh.

i once had three printers in the house...
    ...bakit meron akong tatlong printers...?

purchased at attractive prices during sales...
    I have four of those smart chargers. In the house, in the flat, in the car, at the office, in the farm(dumb charger). Then 3 of those battery tester, 2 VRLA 50aH battery used to be for solar use, then 3 laser printers, 2 flatbed scanners, 1 a3 scanner..hehe. Redundancy indeed makes more options in life, easier, and worry-free. Don't wonder why other have many gf's

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    where to clamp the negative, whether to the battery post or clamp or to elsewhere,
    iba-ibang opinion ang nasa google.

personally, i do what my family has been doing for decades... i clamp mine to the battery post or clamp. i am comfortable in it, feeling it is "stable enough".

clamp to the chassis?
    where can i find that part of the chassis with unpainted, raw metal...?
    CTEK's reply:

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    . Don't wonder why other have many gf's
    madaling ma-diskarga ang mga gf.
    kailangang palaging i-re-charge.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's only to prevent arcing on the battery terminals, which is a precaution against igniting any hydrogen gas at the vicinity of the battery caps and/or vents.

Most smart chargers are "OFF" by default and will only turn on manually via a switch/button or via logic after it has detected a battery present. This prevents arcing and so, clamping directly on the battery terminal posts is acceptable.

If you're using dumb chargers, connect the battery clamps first before turning on the charger. When finished, turn off the charger first before removing the battery clamps. To forego that sequence, mount the negative clamp on the chassis or engine so any arcing won't be near a hydrogen gas source.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

If you're using dumb chargers, connect the battery clamps first before turning on the charger. When finished, turn off the charger first before removing the battery clamps. To forego that sequence, mount the negative clamp on the chassis or engine so any arcing won't be near a hydrogen gas source.
    Though I am using a smart car charger, that’s how I connect mine haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    The procedure is on the user's manual. Mine has specific instructions to plug in the AC plug last. After charging, the AC should be the first to be unplugged.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bro ganito setup ko sa akin, rekta smart charger
    tapos yung clamp, may sarili connector din Smart Car Battery Charger

Check out {Giving}New Quick Disconnect Wire Harness 2 Pin SAE DC Connector Cable Cord 14AWG 1FT 30cm at 50% off! ₱116 only. Get it on Shopee now! https://shopee.ph/product/170358360/...631?smtt=0.0.9

Check out 12V Terminal To SAE Quick Disconnect Cable Motorcycle Battery Output Connector at 40% off! ₱120 only. Get it on Shopee now! https://shopee.ph/product/132041196/...443?smtt=0.0.9

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The procedure is on the user's manual. Mine has specific instructions to plug in the AC plug last. After charging, the AC should be the first to be unplugged.
    Same order for laptops ,and other electronic devices.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Same order for laptops ,and other electronic devices.
    I don't quite agree with that.

There are inherent risks when charging FLA batteries that has a lot to do with hydrogen gasses and arcing, which I already covered a few posts back. But as far as other electrical/electronic devices, the order in which a device is connected and powered depends on the specific equipment.

As per your example, laptops can be powered up before (ie. on-battery) or after the AC power is applied... it won't matter.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Same instructions with mine but since I'm lazy, I use a plug switch and don't disconnect the AC plug anymore.