New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I have this at home

https://www.drive2.ru/b/288230376152002727/

Charges most batteries, car, truck, jetski ...

BTT:

I read somewhere that one can jury-rig a common mobile phone charger into a 12 vdc trickle charger of some sort.

Hanapin ko nga.
    i have no doubt it can be done. just some electronic magic to up the output voltage to more than 13.xx volts.. plug it into the cigarette lighter socket..
    nice exercise to think about it..

i have seen solar panel that attaches to the window. the output voltage goes to the car battery via cigar lighter socket.. a variant of this is, the electricity drives a small electric motor that constantly blows (hot) air out of the cabin..
    Last edited by dr. d; June 19th, 2014 at 01:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    already got myself the Suoer SON-10A Automatic Car Battery Charger. price was P1,600 with 3 months warranty from the OLX seller. free delivery.

i used it overnight last Saturday. i kept it plugged for more than 12 hours. simple to use, just connect to the car battery and power on, then you can forget about it. the LED displays the charging current being sent to the battery. once it shows below 1.0A, it means the battery is fully charged and ready for use. mine was showing 0.0A when i got to unplug it Sunday morning. this unit has "trickle" charge mode so you can leave it connected for indefinite period of time.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    i used my digital multi-tester to measure open circuit battery voltage and it showed 12.78V which is just right based on chart below. car battery was Motolite Enduro 2SMF (Maintenance Free).

Open circuit battery voltage, for maintenance free (Ca/Ca) or VRLA (AGM or Gel Cell) 12V car battery:

12.77V = 100% (fully charged)
    12.54V = 75%
    12.29V = 50%
    11.99V = 25%
    11.75V = 0% (dead car battery)

Open circuit battery voltage, for standard (Sb/Sb) or low maintenance (Sb/Ca) 12V car battery:

12.65V = 100% (fully charged)
    12.45V = 75%
    12.24V = 50%
    12.06V = 25%
    11.89V = 0% (dead car battery)

i plan to use this charger once a month for battery conditioning/charge leveling.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    found another automatic model available from OLX. mas okay pa rin ang CTEK MXS 5.0 dahil 5A max output.

Bosch C3 (3.8A) = P4,500

I am using the C7 model. Very very useful specially since we have a motorcycle spare parts store. Using it to charge motorcycle batteries.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ayun, available nga rin yan sa OLX.

Bosch C7 (7A) = P5,000

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Someone disassembled and reviewed a Suoer 20A car battery charger, an older brother of the 10A that others bought: Suoer SON-20A 20Amp digital charger review

Quality leaves a lot to be desired - muntik ko na binili ito dati. Napapadalas short trips ko lagi so a charger is important to keep the battery in top condition

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    Someone disassembled and reviewed a Suoer 20A car battery charger, an older brother of the 10A that others bought: Suoer SON-20A 20Amp digital charger review

Quality leaves a lot to be desired - muntik ko na binili ito dati. Napapadalas short trips ko lagi so a charger is important to keep the battery in top condition
    Interesting!
    I'm old school.. I have a locally assembled 5 amp max by Panther; cost me less than 2.5K. I use it to charge my battery for 15 min to 1 hr.. Just to be able to start 'er...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^ Panther rin yung sa akin, rated at 6A max. Sulit pag may mga bagyo since I have a spare battery (yung pinagpalitan sa vehicle) to charge mobile devices, pwede ko pang i-negosyo

Kung kailangan nyo na palaging i-charge yung battery, probably may parasitic load kayo on key off, weak charging system or weak battery na hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *ParticleX: sana lang walang ganyang issue sa Suoer SON-10A. yung Panther ba, may review na?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    According sa link na pinost ko, yung 20A can only deliver half of its rated capacity so expect ko na ganun din with your 10A unfortunately.

Can't find an in-depth review for Panther or similar manual battery chargers sa atin, meron sa Youtube ng walkthrough with the device. Nasubukan ko na giving a 5A load (6A max rating) sa charger ko and it could handle naman

As with these manual chargers eh expected na they are robust and will last long since it has fewer parts, wala nga lang advanced features (auto shut off, multi step charging process etc) - mostly pang flooded lead-acid batteries lang talaga (so no Optima or Bosch AGMs for example)

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast