New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010

Had this solar trickle charger for years and used it whenever I leave to work abroad. Though only 1.5W it certainly helps during long storage and prevents the battery from being flat.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    uy, solar powered. that's nice. saan mo nabili at magkano yan dati?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    any user of Suoer SON-10A Automatic Battery Charger? feedback naman sa performance. price is P1,600 from OLX.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^ Padala from a relative sa US. I think $19 bought at Harbor Freight.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    *ParticleX: no, i only have 1 car. pero tama ka, price of brand new battery na nga.

about panther manual battery charger, paano paggamit nyan? pwede ba iwan nakakabit sa battery at AC power for 24 hours and more, without damaging the battery?

hindi kasi magagamit ang car for 1-3 months so ipapakabit ko lang sa kapatid ko ung charger sa car battery.. like every 2 weeks or 4 weeks for maintenance charging. dapat safe na pwede iwan nakakabit para kahit makalimutan at kinabukasan pa tanggalin ang charger ay okay lang.
    Better to ask your brother to start the car engine or maybe use the car for a couple of kms once a week or so. Battery is the least of your concern when leaving a vehicle for extended period of time.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    guys, i appreciate the suggestion but driving the car is not an option for us.

i read that starting the car engine will substantially drain more energy from the battery than can be charged back by leaving the engine at idle. mas mabilis daw ma-drain ang battery. tama ba ang info na ito??

if yes, then kailangan ko pa rin ng battery charger para di mag-flat empty ang battery.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    guys, i appreciate the suggestion but driving the car is not an option for us.

i read that starting the car engine will substantially drain more energy from the battery than can be charged back by leaving the engine at idle. mas mabilis daw ma-drain ang battery. tama ba ang info na ito??

if yes, then kailangan ko pa rin ng battery charger para di mag-flat empty ang battery.
    yespo. idling won't do it. you have to take the car to the road and at speed, in order to sufficiently charge the battery.
    but leaving the trickle charger on, un-attended, might not be a good idea, either.
    what we do, is to charge the battery at regular intervals (q 3 weeks), using more than just a tickle of an amperage. nakikita naman kapag near-full charge na, e. the current meter of the charger will show a significant drop in the amperage. say, from 7 amp to 1 amp..

it may not be a good idea to let the car remain un-moved for longer periods. yung car namin, hindi ginamit nang 3 weeks.. binahayan ng langgam ang loob ng side skirt.. hirap patayin..
    Last edited by dr. d; June 15th, 2014 at 01:12 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Meron ctek batt charger sa excellar sa may Banawe cor n.roxas. Around 5k dati yun price ng mid range model. Dami gumagamit Nyan na mga high end na sportscars na Naka garahe Lang. Balak ko din bumili nito. Excellar is also the distributor of recaro, prodrive, adv1 kaya high quality stuff mga benta nila. you can check out the website of ctek Kung ano type mo model.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Check out mo din pala vendors section ng Subaru club.ph. Nandun is excellar

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    Meron ctek batt charger sa excellar sa may Banawe cor n.roxas. Around 5k dati yun price ng mid range model. Dami gumagamit Nyan na mga high end na sportscars na Naka garahe Lang. Balak ko din bumili nito. Excellar is also the distributor of recaro, prodrive, adv1 kaya high quality stuff mga benta nila. you can check out the website of ctek Kung ano type mo model.
    nice. maganda ngang brand itong CTEK (Sweden). pricey din similar to deca (Italy). you pay for quality talaga.

CTEK MSX 5.0 (5A) = P5,000

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast