New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    bare with my english guys, I need help how to use the relay for my aux fan speed auto adjustment.

basicaly, I just need the aux fan always at high speed, but when the headlight is triggered, the aux fan turns to low speed using the resistor block. using the negative line.

I need this functionality because my alternator cannot compensate 3 strong aircon aux fans our ride uses together with the headlight * night. ok lang sa araw yun 3 aux fan, but with the headlight at night, di na niya kaya ang load.

I already tested the resitor block, and it helped a lot lowering the load, upgrading the alternator is not on option. woould like to keep all 3 aux fan so I can maximize the cooling.

hope you could help me guys, thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Here you go. I just drew where each wire should go. Make sure to use fuses and properly-sized wires.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice! truly helpful tip! btw is this for the Bosch relay? Is it also applicable for the other relays as well , i.e Toyota ,Mitsuba ?
    thanks a lot thought this truly helped!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    That's based on the standard Bosch relay. You can use any kind of relay as long as it is a "single pole, double throw" or SPDT relay and one that can handle the current requirements of the aux fan(s).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sweet!

Thanks a lot oj88!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir, pano po iconnect pag hid ang gagamiting ilaw? masyadong po kasing mahina yung 8000k ko.
    salamat po.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    sir rion,

why not put separate relays for the fans and headlight...mura lang naman relay...it means overloaded na relay mo as per your description....i assume you have the 55/60w headlights which normally consume 4-6Amp. For your fans, i assume they are rated at 100W each x 3 = approx 25 Amp...25 A + 6 A = 31A...the 5 pin bosch relay is rated at 30A. no doubt na hindi nya kayang ibigay lahat ng amperaheng kailangan.

just my thoughts...

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Here you go. I just drew where each wire should go. Make sure to use fuses and properly-sized wires.

Pardon me here sir 0j88,

i don't mean to insult or whatsoever....

but i think there is something wrong here....

terminals 85 and 86 is the control circuit ("coil")..86 is power from switch, 85 is ground...it shouldn't be connected to a load like the headlight.

terminals 30,87 and 87a is the load circuit ("switch") that goes to your accesory. 30 is fused power from battery positve, 87 is your accesory...87a is usually not used which is at normally closed position.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

kung sa unang tingin mali...pero para sakin tama ito...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    googled this before and used it when i rewired my headlights, buti di pa nadelete sa hd, hehe, you can modify and and install individual fuse sa bawat relay. hth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Relay diagram help