New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i was filling up air on all 4 tires this weekend, and noticed that i couldn't start the car anymore. i immediately deduced that the battery got discharged since i was running the compressor for a long time( mga <=20psi kasi ung apat na gulong), at di nakastart/idle ung car ko.

i pulled out the battery and put it parallel with my uncle's ride -- but i attached the negative end onto the other car's body i was able to start up the other car and get my battery charged, pero i noticed na medyo nagstall ung other car when i tried to start it.

inisip ko na hindi nakastart ung kotse ng uncle ko when the batteries were placed in parallel, so nadiskarga din sya(thankfully not completely)

ung tamang sequence ba dapat is to start the other car, *then* place the batteries in series, para siguradong walang madidiskarga?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bakit naman po d niyo pinaandar ang sasakyan niyo nung gumagamit kayo ng compressor? hehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onga naman, mabagal pa naman ang mini compressor hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pissword:bakit naman po d niyo pinaandar ang sasakyan niyo nung gumagamit kayo ng compressor? hehe

er...to save gas? :D :D

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    ... inisip ko na hindi nakastart ung kotse ng uncle ko when the batteries were placed in parallel, so nadiskarga din sya(thankfully not completely)

ung tamang sequence ba dapat is to start the other car, *then* place the batteries in series, para siguradong walang madidiskarga?
    Get a good jumper cable, para hindi mo na kailangan baklasin batteries mo.
    Start mo car ng uncle mo, tapos connect mo 'yung batteries ninyo in "parallel". Don't series your batteries otherwise baka masunog electricals ninyo (series batteries will result in a 24 volt battery). Rev mo every now and then yung car ng uncle mo tapos try mo start yung sa 'yo.

Try not to connect your mini compressor to your battery ng hindi tumatakbo car mo, kasi talaga madi-discharge battery mo ;-)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    happened to my wife 2 weeks ago as well, pumunta yung friend namin nagjumpstart sa car namin, after which di na nagstart yung car nya, so nag "counter jumpstart" kami hehehe.

pero sabi nila, masama ang jump-start especially on the newer engines na may computer boxes.

as a rule naman, when the 2 batteries when put in parallel, current will increase naman, right?

and an increase in current might short the computer box...dont know if the problem is addressed na ng manufacturers..

kaya ganito maganda nyan kung may ecu:

if you know na walang problem charging system mo at nadischarge lang talaga because of katulang ng ginawa mo:

-m/t- kadyot starting para tumakbo ang makina at mag-charge ung baterya...
    -a/t- no choice, palit ang baterya at pa-charge mo nalang sa suking baterry shop yang baterya mo.

otherwise, pacheck mo na charging mo.

kaya ako, its a good thing di ako nag-jump start nitong liteace nung di namin ma-start.. buti nalang walang jump cable at kakilala kami...

grabe may ECU etong 2c-t na ito....

mostly carb engines ok lag jump start yan...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    pero sabi nila, masama ang jump-start especially on the newer engines na may computer boxes.

as a rule naman, when the 2 batteries when put in parallel, current will increase naman, right?

and an increase in current might short the computer box...dont know if the problem is addressed na ng manufacturers..
    That's not the way electricity works. The right term there should be "when you connect 2 batteries in parallel, the capacity to supply current will increase." It doesn't mean that the current going to the CPU will increase.

Ganito yan. Let's say your ECU draws 3 amperes at 12volts. Whether you connect a single 100 ampere-hour battery, 2x 100 ampere-hour batteries (in parallel) or a single 150 ampere-hour battery, guess what ... At 12volts, 3 amperes pa rin ang kakainin niya mula sa baterya.

badkuk, your uncle's battery was partially drained because you used it to start your engine while at the same time charging your drained battery. albert_b's tip (that you should've started your uncle's car first before connecting the batteries) is right.

What every petrol car owner should avoid, esp. those with small batteries like the Civic's, is to try and jumpstart vehicles with diesel engines. Diesel engines draw much higher currents during cranking. For a battery small enough, trying to start a diesel engine (and trying to charge its battery at the same time if connected in parallel) will be like shorting it's terminal with a spanner. And that's definitely a no-no for batteries.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    afaik, before jumpstarting, dapat yung isang kotse umaandar, nag-iidle and if possible naka-rebolusyon while trying to jumpstart. tapos connect in parallel the battery terminals negative to negative, positive to positive. kapag magstart na yung engine, rebolusyon mo lang para magcharge yung batt.

kung nagkarga ka lang ng hangin sa gulong at nadiskarga na agad, u might consider it is high time to have your batteries replaced. di dapat ganun kabilis maubos charge ng battery.how old is ur current batt? hth.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...i read somewhere na dapat nakakabit sa body ung negative end(on the "donor" car's end) para di madiskarga ung baterya nya; mas mabilis ata ung drain pag terminal to terminal(i can only guess that by connecting the negative to the body e somehow di completely matched ung resistance, kaya mas mabagal ang power transfer/discharge). tama ba?

come to think of it, jan 2004 namin binili ung baterya, so i guess it's due for replacement. it might explain why medyo hirap syang magstart the past few weeks.

normal lang ba na mag bulge ng konti ung sides ng baterya?
    Last edited by badkuk; September 27th, 2005 at 10:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
quick fix for discharged battery: tama ba ginawa ko?