New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by technismo View Post
    sir try nyo po magpalit ng fuse na magandang klase.. ganyan din sa akin. thanks
    i agree with this 100% i've been doing auto electrical all my career and i usually find fuses made in china not the best .ive seen melted fuses a lot . made in china ,not properly engineered and tested.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    i agree with this 100% i've been doing auto electrical all my career and i usually find fuses made in china not the best .ive seen melted fuses a lot . made in china ,not properly engineered and tested.
    good day mga papi, nacheck ko na problem, dun sa connector ng bulb may problema. nung bumaha kasi inabot yung fogs ko. nakita ko na may roon part sa connection na corroded. ginawa ko spray ko ng wd40, tapos palit ng fuse. ok na ulit sya, 2 days ko na ginagamit tuwing gabi.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    current might have increased due to moisture between the terminals or the fuse, in time, gets corroded reducing its current carrying capacity. the fusible material is sometimes made of zinc and it succumbs to the moisture and turns powdery white (zinc oxide)
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    let's have a quick course here. wrong terminology confuses a confused person more. for electrical discussion sake, these terms are not interchangeable:

shorted circuit- the positive side of an automobile circuit is insulated and protected by a fuse. if shorted, i.e., there is no or very little resistance and the fuse is overloaded and will blow

open circuit- there is no continuity or path for electron flow, does nothing to convert electrical energy to mechanical, sound, heat or light energy

grounded circuit- each circuit is supposed to be grounded, some permanently some controllably, i.e., when the circuit control or the switch is on the negative side of the circuit, or a grounding switch, an example of which is the door courtesy switch that turns the dome light on with the door open, when it grounds the circuit. this does not cause the fuse to blow, just keep the dome light on regardless if the door is open or closed.
    please let us use the right term as not to mislead, confuse or misguide people.

the blind leading another blind person
    101% correct!

Quote Originally Posted by desh2129 View Post
    good day mga papi, nacheck ko na problem, dun sa connector ng bulb may problema. nung bumaha kasi inabot yung fogs ko. nakita ko na may roon part sa connection na corroded. ginawa ko spray ko ng wd40, tapos palit ng fuse. ok na ulit sya, 2 days ko na ginagamit tuwing gabi.
    Pwede wd40, pero ingat sa kakaspray dahil petroleum based yan siya. nakalulusaw ng plastic/rubber/paint yan.
    Mas the best kung electrical/electronic contact cleaner.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    guys,

Nagpakabit ako yesterday ng foglights sa Jaffas. Satisfied naman ako dun sa nabili ko kasi laking naitulong nung foglights sa illumination ng Revo ko pero napansin ko lang this morning wala pa lang nakalagay na fuse from the wire going to positive terminal of the battery.

Okay lang ba na walang fuse ang wiring ng foglights? If ever hindi okay, magkano kaya ang fuse holder and fuse? Balak ako na lang ang magkabit.

TIA

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepower View Post
    guys,

Nagpakabit ako yesterday ng foglights sa Jaffas. Satisfied naman ako dun sa nabili ko kasi laking naitulong nung foglights sa illumination ng Revo ko pero napansin ko lang this morning wala pa lang nakalagay na fuse from the wire going to positive terminal of the battery.

Okay lang ba na walang fuse ang wiring ng foglights? If ever hindi okay, magkano kaya ang fuse holder and fuse? Balak ako na lang ang magkabit.

TIA
    dapat kasama na yun sa installation. anyways nasa 150 lang siguro yun. you can diy it also.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
nalusaw na fuse