New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    mga sir ano po ba senyales ng sira na knock sensor??

salamat sa sasagot...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Check engine light will be one. Engine mis-firing, maybe and/or limp-mode.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Check engine light will be one. Engine mis-firing, maybe and/or limp-mode.
    yes sir my check engine po sya. senyales din po ba yong kahit baon na sa gas wala p ding hila ? hindi nmn taas rpm para sayang my bitbit na mabigat ganun.
    eto po diagnostic sa obd

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by YooShh17 View Post
    yes sir my check engine po sya. senyales din po ba yong kahit baon na sa gas wala p ding hila ? hindi nmn taas rpm para sayang my bitbit na mabigat ganun.
    eto po diagnostic sa obd

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Limp mode yan. Ibig sabihin pinoprotektahan ng makina sarili niya dahil may sira nga.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Limp mode yan. Ibig sabihin pinoprotektahan ng makina sarili niya dahil may sira nga.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
    salamat po sa pag sagot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    low power especially under load or at high speed. i found out the knock sensor of my former mitsu lancer was damaged when going up to baguio with 5 on board and i had to shift to 2nd and 1st gears to go up even moderately steep grades of marcos hiway. after the sensor was replaced it was ok.

also higher than usual fuel consumption.

note though that symptoms may vary. it will depend if the sensor is stuck on retarded timing or if it is not working at all (then you'll hear pinging). if the engine is knocking then i suggest using higher octane gasoline untill the sensor is replaced.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Knock sensors are never 'stuck'. It's basically a microphone that's tuned to listen to engine knock and convert them to electrical pulses. If the ECU stops receiving these pulses due to a broken sensor, noise instead of pulses are heard, disconnected/open circuit or short circuit, a DTC is raised and the engine, 'deaf' at detecting engine knock, won't be able to correct the timing, will maintain a rich A/F mixture, and finally goes into limp-mode (reduced output power and/or speed) to protect itself.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Problem solved. Knock sensor sira. Napalitan na ok napo salamat s inyo