New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    AnO kaya nangyari bakit hindi pantay ilaw headlight ko.parang parklight lng isa.gumagana naman parang flashlight lang.salamat

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glxexurb View Post
    AnO kaya nangyari bakit hindi pantay ilaw headlight ko.parang parklight lng isa.gumagana naman parang flashlight lang.salamat
    check voltage between terminals of the headlight socket. then, check the voltage against a known good ground and check the ground against the positive side of the battery. this will pinpoint the circuit giving you the symptom.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sounds like poor electrical connection. check them all, including the socket itself. sometimes, the socket is so old, it doesn't offer good electrical connection anymore.
    check mo din yung bulb. baka pang-24 volts ... heh heh..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sounds like poor electrical connection. check them all, including the socket itself. sometimes, the socket is so old, it doesn't offer good electrical connection anymore.
    check mo din yung bulb. baka pang-24 volts ... heh heh..
    there are no 12 volt sealed beams available. even the heavy duty peterbilt, mack trucks, sterlings use 12 volt head light sealed beams

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    there are no 12 volt sealed beams available. even the heavy duty peterbilt, mack trucks, sterlings use 12 volt head light sealed beams
    ah... i was refering to bulbs, not sealed beam headlights. looking at the threadstarter's handle, i assumed his headlight uses bulbs and not sealed beams. in surplus stores, one occasionally encounters bulbs from other vehicles...24 volts.. i know, because i experienced it years ago...

but if he means, the headlight was bright before, and now dim, then i believe it's a problem of electrical connection..

i hope that clarifies things.

cheers.

pahabol: Heeey! the threadstarter is the liteace guy from the other thread! so, is your liteace sealed beam rectangular headlight, or bulb-type?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 23rd, 2013 at 06:49 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    hello,bulb type po headlight liteace ko.tama ka dati pareho liwanag both headlights pero kagabi bgla nag dim isa.ipapatsek ko nga sa elektrikal shop baka sa wiring nga ba problema.salamat

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glxexurb View Post
    hello,bulb type po headlight liteace ko.tama ka dati pareho liwanag both headlights pero kagabi bgla nag dim isa.ipapatsek ko nga sa elektrikal shop baka sa wiring nga ba problema.salamat
    bossing.. subukan mong ikaw na lang muna ang mag-troubleshoot. konting sakit sa katawan at dumi sa braso't kamay lang yan. if you have a liteace owner's manual, it may be easier. look up how to replace the headlight bulb.ang hinala ko, dirty electrical contacts between the bulb and the bulb socket..
    good luck.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    pardon my over thirty years of servicing cars and trucks more than twenty of which simultaneous with teaching but i have not seen 24 volt vehicle lights yet.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    many years ago, when our automotive budget was near-non-existent, my brother and i would go to surplus shops for "parts". we were always happily surprised at the variety of items on sale there.. but our purchasing power was severely limited by our wallets. anyway, we got this bulb because our car needed a replacement bulb. we installed it, but were dismayed when it only glowed weakly. we did the usual electrical troubleshoot, to no avail. then we got the bulb out and examined it. on the metal base, was "24 volts".. i suppose, some extraordinary (military? aircraft?) ware came to get mixed with the civilian parts..
    this was in the late 70s to early 80s... we would pool our wallets' contents to buy an item, making sure we still had enough for pamasahe pa-uwi..
    this thread brought back fond memories.. i love my brother.. the experiences we shared..
    Last edited by dr. d; February 26th, 2013 at 02:31 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    have the same problem with my car once. kulang lang sa ground yun isang headlight kaya kulang sa lakas ng ilaw. hope it helps