New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,787
    #11
    Stumbled upon this while looking at battery tenders. No idea about the cost.screenshot_20200510-212802_samsung-internet.jpg

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,236
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Stumbled upon this while looking at battery tenders. No idea about the cost.screenshot_20200510-212802_samsung-internet.jpg
    i think it's the same battery-type mentioned in the other page.
    anong pahina nga ba yon?
    anti-gravity brand of automotive lithium battery...

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    10,782
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

    what about those small lithium-battery-car-starters-for-emergencies, instead?

    For engines bigger than 2000cc, especially for a diesel, there is a technique for using it. Same as in using a jumper, it will only work IF your car battery still has some charge and can still receive a charge. So like when you use a jumper that you connect to the battery of another vehicle, you are NOT using the other vehicle's battery SOLELY to start your car, you first use it to charge your discharged battery. After revving the other car for a minute or two the "dead" battery would have taken enough charge and that plus the other car's charging system is enough to crank your engine. So when you use the Li-Ion battery you connect it, wait 1 minute for the charge to transfer to the dead battery then crank the car.

    I've used mine 2x, once with success and the other failed. It was able to start a kia sorento 2.2 using the above technique. With a dead battery on a 3.2 ford everest di kinaya. Nag crank siya pero sobra mabagal.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,236
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    For engines bigger than 2000cc, especially for a diesel, there is a technique for using it. Same as in using a jumper, it will only work IF your car battery still has some charge and can still receive a charge. So like when you use a jumper that you connect to the battery of another vehicle, you are NOT using the other vehicle's battery SOLELY to start your car, you first use it to charge your discharged battery. After revving the other car for a minute or two the "dead" battery would have taken enough charge and that plus the other car's charging system is enough to crank your engine. So when you use the Li-Ion battery you connect it, wait 1 minute for the charge to transfer to the dead battery then crank the car.

    I've used mine 2x, once with success and the other failed. It was able to start a kia sorento 2.2 using the above technique. With a dead battery on a 3.2 ford everest di kinaya. Nag crank siya pero sobra mabagal.
    is it safe to use the cigarette lighter as entry point?
    or is clamping to the battery the safer way?

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    10,782
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it safe to use the cigarette lighter as entry point?
    or is clamping to the battery the safer way?
    No idea, though i have seen those being sold. But di ba to use the cigarette lighter you need to turn the ignition ON. Di kaya mapunta lang yung charge sa iba (e.g., ecu, bcm, instrument panel, and anything you forget to turn off).

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,236
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    No idea, though i have seen those being sold. But di ba to use the cigarette lighter you need to turn the ignition ON. Di kaya mapunta lang yung charge sa iba (e.g., ecu, bcm, instrument panel, and anything you forget to turn off).
    oo nga naman.
    sayang yung kakaunting kuryenteng ibang pinuntahan.
    it might just spell the difference between a successful expedition and a failed failure.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,639
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it safe to use the cigarette lighter as entry point?
    or is clamping to the battery the safer way?
    Cigarette lighter can be used maybe to charge the dead battery.. but not for cranking as the system turns off all accesories for full starting power.

    Also cig lighter is rated only around 10A.. fuse might get busted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Lithium-ion Batteries?