New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I found this 2SM, 50 amp battery brand with 1-yr warranty sa aking suking battery shop. Sabi ay made daw ng Motolite. Totoo ba ito? Ok ba itong brand na ito? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    I found this 2SM, 50 amp battery brand with 1-yr warranty sa aking suking battery shop. Sabi ay made daw ng Motolite. Totoo ba ito? Ok ba itong brand na ito? Thanks.
    motolite actually sells battery plates to independent battery assemblers. looking at it that way, i suppose "made by motolite" din sila, but definitely not assembled by motolite in motolite factories by motolite-accredited workers.
    12 months warranty? the lowest warranty from motolite is 18 months, yung maintenance-free pa..
    but i suppose, if the price is right... magkano ba daw yan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the lowest warranty from motolite is 18 months, yung maintenance-free pa..
    but i suppose, if the price is right... magkano ba daw yan?
    Sir, I recall the lowest warranty from Motolite is their 12-month warranty low maintenance batteries (nilalagyan pa ng distilled tubig...). Motolite's Maintenance Free Batteries have a 15, 21 and 24 months warranties. The price of the said low cost, 1 year warranty Karlife is 2.5k for the 2SM size, 50 amp battery. Is it a good buy?
    Last edited by roydok; January 25th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    why not try this brand... mas ok ang reviews....

http://tsikot.com/forums/electricals...battery-87052/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Sir, I recall the lowest warranty from Motolite is their 12-month warranty low maintenance batteries (nilalagyan pa ng distilled tubig...). Motolite's Maintenance Free Batteries have a 15, 21 and 24 months warranties. The price of the said low cost, 1 year warranty Karlife is 2.5k for the 2SM size, 50 amp battery. Is it a good buy?

I would rather just go with MOTOLITE. Why? Well, given if the battery fails, the car wouldn't start and that would be a big inconvenience in the least. Having a battery that you know lasts for the a long time gives you the reassurance that you will not be left stranded in some remote place in your car with a dead battery.