New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'm oldskool and just keep a pair of jumper cables in the car. And even that, in the last almost 8 years, haven't had a need to use it.

Anyway, if you are looking for portable jump-start packs, choose one that has LiFePO4 (LFP) cells. Unlike Li-Po or Li-ion cells, LFP does not spontaneously combust. They're safe for storage in your car.
    Same here haven't use my jumper cables since I bought it some 10yrs ago.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kuya ko bumili ng jumpstarter.

And concept daw is it uses the charge in the depleted battery and boosts it to start the car.

It works naman. Pero for the price, i'd rather just call motolite for a 24hour delivery. Cheaper pa bumili dalawang bago battery than the jumpstarter

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Are these jump starter powerbanks advisable to be left on the car in case of emergency? I was thinking of leaving one Sa lagayan ng spare tire. But I'm afraid if the car will be left in a hot sun the powerbank may start a fire.
    Yung wireless digital air pump ko which of course have lithium batteries iniiwan ko lang sa trunk ng sasakyan ko.
    Have been doing so for several years na, and so far wala pa namang untoward incident.
    Mas mababa nga lang ang kanyang capacity kaysa mga jump starters so your mileage may vary.

Ilan na ring friends and officemates ko ang na-save ko by jump starting their car.
    Kung ano-anong wire lang ginagamit ko, basta maka-connect lang.
    Napabili na tuloy ako ng jump starter cable, which ever since nabili ko eh di ko pa rin nagagamit.

Ang naging life saver ko for several times already ay yung 6V/12V portable battery charger.
    Swerte nga lang na kapag nag-flat ang battery ay nasa malapit siya sa outlet.
    One time malayo sa outlet, binitbit ko yung UPS ko at doon ko ikinabit yung battery charger.
    Mga 5 minutes charging lang naman kaya na ulit maka-start ng kotse, as long as di pa dead yung battery talaga.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014

we're all familiar w/ battery-based jump starters. but this one is capacitor based (ryobi). takes juice from ryobi 18v packs to charge up the capacitor banks. 500F each!!! could start up to 6.0L V8 engine

are there similar gadgets on lazada?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

we're all familiar w/ battery-based jump starters. but this one is capacitor based (ryobi). takes juice from ryobi 18v packs to charge up the capacitor banks. 500F each!!! could start up to 6.0L V8 engine

are there similar gadgets on lazada?
    You don't even need to use dedicated battery packs for these super capacitor jump starters. As long as your battery still has some charge in it it will accumulate that charge over a period of time so that it can deliver it as a big jolt required to start up your car. I've seen one in Lazada but it's pricier than the battery based models. Good thing about this type is that you don't have to worry about charging it or having the battery go bad by storing it inside your hot car for a long period of time.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/a...4d2a7a43o9nRJZ

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfolk View Post
    You don't even need to use dedicated battery packs for these super capacitor jump starters. As long as your battery still has some charge in it it will accumulate that charge over a period of time so that it can deliver it as a big jolt required to start up your car. I've seen one in Lazada but it's pricier than the battery based models. Good thing about this type is that you don't have to worry about charging it or having the battery go bad by storing it inside your hot car for a long period of time.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/a...4d2a7a43o9nRJZ

there was one time i left the old beater car at the airport parking lot for about 2 weeks. while it was parked the little plastic plunger that pushes against the brake light switch broke off which turned on the brake light this drained the battery to practically zero. gadgets that salvage the residual energy would not have worked. but good thing i had a battery-based jump pack

so to cover all scenarios you still need to have a powerbank of some sort to charge up a capacitor-based jumper, or a direct battery-based jump starter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112