New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    ^ Have you figured out how to connect the fog lamps? The relay will drive them.

yes, the lamps were easy to install. the switch is the challenging one.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ Harnesses may not all be the same but it should be like this. Yours may be different.

The relay harness should have two connectors for the bulbs. There is(are) a black wire(s) with open rings to ground. And there is a wire with a fuse to the battery.

The other harness with switch. Red to ignition circuit, yellow(?) with a male bullet connector to the yellow (?) female bullet connector of the relay harness. Black to ground (may be left open depending on the configuration of the relay). The relay may be triggered by a ground or a positive.

Try the setup out of your car if you are not sure.
    Last edited by confused shoes; April 8th, 2014 at 08:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thank you for the information. How can I find the ignition circuit so I can tap to it? What is the color of the wire?

I actually used the pre-installed wirings in my Innova E 2012. When I installed fog light there is already a wire harness and I just plugged it to the fog light. There is also a provisioned fuse and relay in the fuse box inside the hood near the battery.

The switch has 3 wires. This is how I understand it based on what you stated below. I think 1 is going to the ground (black color), 1 is going switched supply or ignition circuit (red color), for back light of the switch (can also use the park light). The last one (yellow) is going to (I think pin 86) of the relay, this will trigger the relay to supply power to the fog light. Since I used the existing relay of my car, I guess I'm going to find the wire cabled to pin 86 of the relay. Or tap a wire near the fuse box going to the inside of the car where the switch is installed.

^ Harnesses may not all be the same but it should be like this. Yours may be different.

The relay harness should have two connectors for the bulbs. There is(are) a black wire(s) with open rings to ground. And there is a wire with a fuse to the battery.

The other harness with switch. Red to ignition circuit, yellow(?) with a male bullet connector to the yellow (?) female bullet connector of the relay harness. Black to ground (may be left open depending on the configuration of the relay). The relay may be triggered by a ground or a positive.

Try the setup out of your car if you are not sure.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^Yes, using the existing harness should be your better option.

As for the ignition circuit, I can not tell as I don't have an Innova. But you can also use the ACC. The purpose of it connected to ACC or Ign is that if you forgot to turn off the fog switch, the key will turn it off when you remove it. The ACC circuit is where the radio supply is connected. The Ing is where the supply of the power windows is connected.

If you have a multi-meter, you can easily find them.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks again.

Yes, that's what I've read in other forums. Is the supply for the cig lighter also connected to ACC? Cig lighter supply seems to be easier to find. :-)

^Yes, using the existing harness should be your better option.

As for the ignition circuit, I can not tell as I don't have an Innova. But you can also use the ACC. The purpose of it connected to ACC or Ign is that if you forgot to turn off the fog switch, the key will turn it off when you remove it. The ACC circuit is where the radio supply is connected. The Ing is where the supply of the power windows is connected.

If you have a multi-meter, you can easily find them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12