New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used a foglamp switch to disable the antenna on my vehicle. Just place it on the wire that senses when the HU is on and sends signal to the antenna to deploy.

The only time I really need to raise the antenna is when I'm listening to AM radio. The rest of the time, it's just down.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post

hi guys can anyone post ung laman nung link kung ok lang po... nakablock kasi dito HCP e hehehe... thanks in advance

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    well dinisable ko na lang muna yung antenna ko pag nakalas ko na yung dashboard ko saka ko na paprojekin to

thanks tsikot!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just for possible info:

most wiring sa oto will have the following wiring "connections" (this is from a nissan frontier pickup):

Red/green (yung red ang main color and green is a stripe sa red) - 12V+ laging naka on ito kahit naka-off ang oto
    Green/white - Acc
    Violet - Antenna power
    Pink - Ground

all the other wires are for the speaker. mapapansin mo na ang para sa speaker ay usually in partners - example: Gray, Gray/black, White, White/black, Violet, Violet/black, Green, Green/black.... eto ay kung 4 speaker system ka.

if you connect the Red/green dun sa violet... it will power the antenna. Dito ka pedeng mag lagay ng manual switch like what otep did.

to test which wire is which kung iba ang color code niyan... you will need a voltmeter or a test light (na pang 12v lang or similar).

yung 12V+ na continously on will of course have a 12v+ reading (or will light the test light) once kinonect mo ang isang wire and the other sa body (bilang ground).

Yung ACC naman kailang i-on or ilagay mo ang key sa ACC position para magkaroon din ng 12v+ na power. Kung naka-off ito, wala itong power.

Yung Ground and Antenna power will not light or show a power at all times.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    power antenna problem too: my power antenna got busted, i can hear the electric motor running (whirring sound) but it wont rise, i cut off the power line.somebody said it can be repaired, accordingly, the part which looks like a chain will be changed. what if i'll just change the whole thing, how much will it cost me.thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa car accesories shop, a power antenna will be around P1200 to 1500. Sa casa depende sa brand but SUVs like the Patrol can cost as much as P3000 (yata).

Yung pajero field master, nagpalit kami dati ng antenna ROD lang (metal rod and plastic gear) was P800. original or OEM eto.

Try to ask your casa muna if a replacement rod is available.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by conzky View Post
    power antenna problem too: my power antenna got busted, i can hear the electric motor running (whirring sound) but it wont rise, i cut off the power line.somebody said it can be repaired, accordingly, the part which looks like a chain will be changed. what if i'll just change the whole thing, how much will it cost me.thanks in advance.
    based on your avatar i'm guessing your talking about the antenna of your ek. if that's the case, i heard the brand new ones at the casa sell for around P1900

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    san po pwede pagawa ng antenna? im from QC area.. i can here the motor pero di umaangat ung antenna

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Try Banawe.

As for me, DIY nalang. Sarap ng sense of accomplishment pagkatapos. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Possible ba na palitan yung power atenna ng small rubber antenna? yun kasi balak ko para wala ng problem sa pagakyat baba. sira narin kasi antenna ko.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
HU and Power antenna