New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    I wouldn't leave that charging overnight... i find chinese electrical wiring most are substandard..

Usually their wires are so thin and easy to break. Some have thick outershell that makes it look durable but on the inside.. wires are so thin.
    Its been there for more than a month now. When fully charged 0AMPS lang yan so no wires can melt.

But i replaced the wires of the charger last year. Gauge 14 automotive wire yan nilagay ko.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    panther dumb charger po. model PBC 12A. 12 amp maximum (of course!).
    walang utak.
    i can't control anything. it's either on or off. the built-in analog ammeter starts at about 10 amp (very weak battery), and gradually tapers off to near-zero as the battery resistance increases as it nears full charge.
    a 15 minute charge usually enables me to start my engine. longer and trick-ier if diesel. next stop is the battery shop, for replacement.
    i know that my battery is dead, when the ammeter reading is near-zero after only a few minutes of charging.
    i bought it years ago for 2K, when i acquired an AT car. it's still ok.
    Do you need to remove/detach the battery from the engine bay every time you charge? And do you need to monitor while it is charging to avoid any overcharging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Do you need to remove/detach the battery from the engine bay every time you charge? And do you need to monitor while it is charging to avoid any overcharging?

i just clamp on to the battery terminals.
    no need to disconnect anything.

tanchado ko na ang time needed. the estimates are painted onto the charger's casing. i halve the recommended time, and let the analog ammeter guide me. when the needle is near-zero, the battery is near-full-charge.
    for ease of bantay, i do it during the daytime.
    i have used it mostly to revive a dying battery, enough to start the car and drive to the battery store.

un-bantayed trickle charging?
    not with this charger, i don't. unlike the more exotic chargers, i can't control its output.
    for trickle charging, one should get the intelligent chargers.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 21st, 2020 at 11:24 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post

attach the clamp to the battery first before turning on the charger... may spark kasi yan pag clamp mo.. some say its bad for the electronics..

kung gusto ng budget charger dun ka na sa medyo quality like panther.. regular transformer - rectifier technology... kung gusto mo naman yung maintenance charger, get the smart charger kasi may pulse charging yan and trickle charge.. also mapapansin mo mababa lang ang amp rating ng smart charger kasi slow chargers yan.. masama kasi sa battery yung battery yung mataas agad bigla yung current..

sa mga RC ko dati nicad pa gamit ko.. napansin ko pag ginamitan mo ng mataas na charging amps.. mabilis ma charge battery pero saglit lang ubos din.. pero pag low charging amps ginamit matagal ang charging pero matagal din maubos..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ako kahit once a week pero mas ok kung ilabas at iikot.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Drive the vehicle around the block or your village everyday.

In my case, every other day.... IMO, kailangang umikot din ang mga gulong, gumalaw ang mga preno at gumana ang AC....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ch.jpg

I have both smart and dumb chargers, I seldom use the dumb.

The smart is switch-mode power so its more precise and light. Digital current readout is easier to look at VS the analog taut-band, and 6V charging is helpful too for emergency light- VRLA batteries/UPS batt..

Since the vehicles are not showroom or garage queens, i do not tickle charge them as frequent as weekly or daily/ don't have the necessity to install permanent harness and connectors. Once a month tickle charging for me is enough. I've switched to Amarons and most are nearing 4yrs using this method.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Drive the vehicle around the block or your village everyday.

In my case, every other day.... IMO, kailangang umikot din ang mga gulong, gumalaw ang mga preno at gumana ang AC....
    tama si cvt bro, plus (AFAIK) you need more than 10 minutes to recover the amps you used to start the engine.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Wala pa kong smart charger at nasa monthly pay parking lang nakapark kaya pag weekend, nilababas ko sya at umiikot ng ilang laps around Pasig City Hall at Mega Market para macharge yung battery.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    attach the clamp to the battery first before turning on the charger... may spark kasi yan pag clamp mo.. some say its bad for the electronics..

kung gusto ng budget charger dun ka na sa medyo quality like panther.. regular transformer - rectifier technology... kung gusto mo naman yung maintenance charger, get the smart charger kasi may pulse charging yan and trickle charge.. also mapapansin mo mababa lang ang amp rating ng smart charger kasi slow chargers yan.. masama kasi sa battery yung battery yung mataas agad bigla yung current..

sa mga RC ko dati nicad pa gamit ko.. napansin ko pag ginamitan mo ng mataas na charging amps.. mabilis ma charge battery pero saglit lang ubos din.. pero pag low charging amps ginamit matagal ang charging pero matagal din maubos..
    I’m using a smart car charger already bro.

Yun kay doc kasi parang yun old design na car charger that’s why I’m asking kung kailangan pa tanggaling sa makina ang batt to charge it [emoji846]