New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Bought CTEK 5.0 last year. Already helped a couple of friends and relatives by letting them borrow it because their car wouldn’t start. I also used it because I stupidly left the accessory on in our Mazda. And now with the coronavirus problem, we don’t have to worry about battery related starting problems, unless it’s really worn out.
    Used to be dedicated to the least driven. Now doing round robin.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    If i’m still using a manual tranny, this smart car charger may not be in my “must have” list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    If i’m still using a manual tranny, this smart car charger may not be in my “must have” list.

Good to have. Extends batt life, prevents premature death...& will pay for itself. How can one not?[emoji4]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    If you have alternate cars... it will pay itself because you can squeeze the life of the battery..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

back in the day,
    i was using the charger (if i wasn't in a rush) or our stable of pushers (if i was in a hurry), in starting my MT in the morning.
    my office colleague would park his car on the workplace inclined driveway, "for ease of driving away" come quittin' time.
    what he and i had in common, was that we were both car tinkerers.
    but it is funny, how come two pillars of our profession, back then, would put off buying a new battery for our cars...
    heh heh.

btw,
    kung malayo yung house electrical plug sa kotse, malaking hassle ngang gumamit ng charger.
    lalo na kung lupa at basa pa, ang nasa gitna.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 20th, 2020 at 07:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    btw,
    kung malayo yung house electrical plug sa kotse, malaking hassle ngang gumamit ng charger.
    lalo na kung lupa at basa pa, ang nasa gitna.
    Had to add convenience outlets at strategic points. Extension cord where needed.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Had to add convenience outlets at strategic points. Extension cord where needed.

I’m bringing a 4 meter extension cord just in case i may be opting to charge on somebody’s turf [emoji846]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I’m bringing a 4 meter extension cord just in case i may be opting to charge on somebody’s turf [emoji846]

[emoji106]Had to borrow 1 from the concierge of our stop in 1 of those de-stress trips that almost turned stressful. The handy trickle charger played hero.[emoji16]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i once asked a pair of molopisya gaards, to help push-start my innova with dying battery.
    my son already warned me about it, but "i thought it wouldn't die yet that evening".
    of course i purchased the new battery the next morning!
    is it pure happenstance, that we exchange cars just when his battery is dying...?
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kapatid ko bumili nung ctek charger. Pero too expensive for me so i bought this elcheapo charger from shopee. Been using this for 2 years na. Smart charger and barely uses electricity once the battery is charged.

May built-in voltmeter and ammeter pa. 1k lang bili ko dati. Sulit!

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast