New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    to those who do not want to spend that much, and who are willing to practice some amount of minimal discipline,
    a basic car battery charger is available from the mall auto accessories stores.
    2000 bucks, mebbe less.
    i got me a local "panther."

a home car battery charger is a must, if one's car is an automatic.
    The Sparco brand when on sale is only 2K doc. Blade distributes it. And true this comes very handy for cars with automatic trannies. Pag naka tambay, just plug How often should I start my car to prevent my battery from draining? it How often should I start my car to prevent my battery from draining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    The Sparco brand when on sale is only 2K doc. Blade distributes it. And true this comes very handy for cars with automatic trannies. Pag naka tambay, just plug How often should I start my car to prevent my battery from draining? it How often should I start my car to prevent my battery from draining?

well, you can wait for the sale later on, or you can buy the local brand now.

at least, our readers here now have a price to compare the "sale price" they may encounter.

heh heh.

btw,
    when the battery is flat dead, one does not have to charge it for a couple of hours.
    if one is in a hurry, it takes only a few minutes to charge the battery with enough juice, so as to start the car. once the engine starts, one can drive off and the alternator will do the rest of the charging on the road.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 24th, 2020 at 08:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Thanks for the tip!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    seriously, once a week is fine. no need to disconnect your battery. i use my personal car once or twice a week and it's perfectly fine, sometimes i won't be able to use it for 2-3 weeks and never really had any issues. dami nag sasabi kung ano ano dapat gawin mga praning lang mga yon, you'll only need to disconnect your battery if you're not going to use your car for 3-4weeks but 1-2 weeks no need. halos every other month i won't be able to use my car for 2 weeks and ok naman.
    Pede mag ask.. Sa kakastart ko ng sasakyan ko kasi ayaw magstart kailangam itulak pa.. Natunaw ang negative terminal ng battery ko. Ano po ba pede gawin?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacharlie03 View Post
    Pede mag ask.. Sa kakastart ko ng sasakyan ko kasi ayaw magstart kailangam itulak pa.. Natunaw ang negative terminal ng battery ko. Ano po ba pede gawin?
    Let me give you my step-by-step instructions.

1. Remove the negative terminal.
    2. Go out and look for an automotive shop.
    3. Show the terminal to them and buy a new one.
    4. Go back home.
    5. Clean the battery terminal.
    6. Install the new battery terminal.
    7. Try to start the car.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacharlie03 View Post
    talagah? nag-melt?
    baka naman, kinain ng battery electrolyte?
    either way,

this is what i do:
    disconnect from the battery and clean it. for safety, disconnect the other terminal as well.
    see if you have enough metal left, for service-ability.
    bend it into service-able shape if need be.
    then, see if it can be re-connected to the battery, and tightened enough as to have good electrical connection.

if you think it is too deformed already, replace it na lang.

good luck.

if you can post a picture...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    if there's corrosion on the terminals, pouring hot water on the affected area will remove the crusty white or bluish powder.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    if there's corrosion on the terminals, pouring hot water on the affected area will remove the crusty white or bluish powder.
    After cleaning the terminals, I would also spray WD40. It worked for me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Cleaning with baking soda helps in neutralizing the corrosion.

Re: starting to charge, I've observed that even after a long provincial drives 8+ hrs battery charge still wouldn't reach near 100% so during this ECQ season the external Smart charger takes the job of charging until reaching near-zero amps. Also best practice is to reach running temp then engage all the gears, or do a quick run around to help in "splashing" the gearbox and drivetrain with lubricant.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post

Sir, when using a battety charger? Do i have to unfasten the terminal connectors or just leave them installed. I will not turn on the ignition switch, of course.
    Salamat po.

Where can we buy a legit CTEK? Any recommendations?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast