New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you trust your car caretaker, have him drive the car out every week, for at least 30 minutes. kung short time drive lang, baka mas marami pang kuryente to start her than less than 30 minutes' worth of alternator charging.
    or you can ask caretaker to put battery charger to work.
    otherwise, it might be better to allow the battery to go flat. new battery is cheaper than pukpok, masilya and paint.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 14th, 2017 at 08:05 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I start it once a week but sometimes I forget for up to 3 weeks and still fine. Amaron is the best

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    pag ba ung batt kahit bago pero madalang gamitin ung sasakyan aabutin din ba ng 2 years.ex,once a month lang ma istart ng mga 30 minutes ng nasa garahe.diba dapat ma drain lang siya kung hindi gamitin. at pwede naman ipa charge..

kasi ung sa kumpare ko ford focus wala pang 2 years patay na ung battery seaman kasi siya kaya naka tengga lang ung sasakyan sa garahe .ganun ba talaga ung focus

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    pag ba ung batt kahit bago pero madalang gamitin ung sasakyan aabutin din ba ng 2 years.ex,once a month lang ma istart ng mga 30 minutes ng nasa garahe.diba dapat ma drain lang siya kung hindi gamitin. at pwede naman ipa charge..

kasi ung sa kumpare ko ford focus wala pang 2 years patay na ung battery seaman kasi siya kaya naka tengga lang ung sasakyan sa garahe .ganun ba talaga ung focus
    batteries deteriorate faster, if they are left in low-charge condition for long periods of time.
    batteries last longer if they are fully charged all the time.

starting the car is a big drain on the battery. it should be followed by a long-enough drive, to regain that electricity, and even longer, to top up the battery.
    if one can't do that, then a battery charger is in order.

simply idling the engine may not be adequate charging.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 14th, 2017 at 08:20 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    no need to idle.. it poisons and pollutes our metro manila air

Severe air pollution: Like London in a bygone age, Delhi has turned into the city of nightmares

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    A voltmeter in the car lighter socket will reduce your worry about battery drain to non sense

If you will not use your car for a long period of time you should worry more about your car aircon. Aircon compressor lubricants can solidify enough to get that compressor stuck.

To prevent that from happening start your car and operate your aircon for 5 minutes every week

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Grab a Deltran or CTEK batt tender. Either can be pluggled 24/7. They trickle charge, auto-off when full. The single ports are about Php5k. These keep the batt healthy longer...& keep electrical gremlins at bay (esp the euro divas). Tenders pay for themselves, a 1 time investment. Those 2 brands are very durable, too. For Start/Stop cars, use the CTEK CT5 Start/Stop.
    Frequent cold starts & idling can't be good. Cars are best driven & enjoyed as often possible.How often should I start my car to prevent my battery from draining?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    He lives in a condo ... battery charger is not an ideal solution ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    He lives in a condo ... battery charger is not an ideal solution ...
    Apologies, dint backread.How often should I start my car to prevent my battery from draining?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    here's the dilemma cold starts cause the most engine wear i.e. that time when you don't get the oil circulating yet AND the engine temperature isn't optimal yet

idling in the garage generates minimum heat thus it takes a longer time to reach optimal temps

are you sure you wanna do this engine-wearing procedure every week?

wouldn't it be better to remove the battery and take it up w/ you in the condo then hook it up to a float charger? then take out the car for a drive every month or so

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast