New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my suggestion...
    price of battery, divide by number of months warranty, equals cost per month.
    then you'll see just how expensive some batteries are..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ^check out the Amaron battery thread.

http://tsikot.com/forums/electricals...battery-87052/

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gamit ko Deltran Battery Tender with OBD Port Cable para sa 3 cars namin na sobrang bihira magamit. Much cheaper in the long run instead of running the engine to charge the battery.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I will recommend start engine and drive your car everyday.

I am more worried of the thin oil in the cylinder walls. If this dries up, the cylinder walls have premature wearing.

You will also require frequent oil change intervals.

Besides, vehicles are not design for storage.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If your concern is battery getting discharged for inactivity of the car, purchase a solar battery trickle charger of at least 1 ampere of charging capacity connected to your battery.

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If your concern is battery getting discharged for inactivity of the car, purchase a solar battery trickle charger of at least 1 ampere of charging capacity connected to your battery.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    If battery is healthy, you can leave the car untouched for 2 months and battery will still have enough charge to start the engine.

Driving the car on weekends (30-60 minutes) is enough to charge the battery. Higher RPM will charge the battery faster. Highway driving is ideal. City driving with stop-and-go traffic will take longer.

Idling wastes too much fuel for too little battery charge that you're better off not starting the engine. Note that by starting the engine, you are draining battery power again.

Alternator produces little power during idle (low RPM). It will power up the car computer, sensors, fuel pump, spark plugs first. Only excess power goes to charging the battery.

If car will be unused for extended period of time, a battery tender/maintainer or smart/automatic battery charger would be very useful. Easy to use, it will keep your battery at full charge until your next drive.

http://tsikot.com/forums/electricals...charger-98688/

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Gamit ko Deltran Battery Tender with OBD Port Cable para sa 3 cars namin na sobrang bihira magamit. Much cheaper in the long run instead of running the engine to charge the battery.
    how much po?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Car batteries drain over a period of time. While it should be fine over a month, the key is to make sure it is charged enough to offset the drain. Some install trickle chargers but that might not be possible in a condo. As long as you take it on a reasonable drive every other week to top it up, it should be ok. If not, then you will need to install a battery isolator to save you from having to repeatedly remove and reinstall the line leading to the battery terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by muddatrucker View Post
    I recently moved to a condo that's walking distance from my office so I hardly use my car anymore except on weekends. I was wondering, is once a week enough to prevent my battery from being drained or should I start/drive it around more often?

I have a 2008 Ford Focus (diesel) if that makes a difference.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast