New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I recently moved to a condo that's walking distance from my office so I hardly use my car anymore except on weekends. I was wondering, is once a week enough to prevent my battery from being drained or should I start/drive it around more often?

I have a 2008 Ford Focus (diesel) if that makes a difference.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Since ginagamit mo naman on weekends it should be sufficient, wag lang puro short trips

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you're not using it for extended periods, its best to disconnect the battery. The only downside of this is all your user presets go back to factory settings.

Diesels are heavy on the battery, especially during cold starts.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I start my car on weekends. I never had any problems.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yeah, yun din iniisip ko kaso iba iba kasi sinasabi ng mga tao so I'm looking for reassurance hahaha. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    If you're not using it for extended periods, its best to disconnect the battery. The only downside of this is all your user presets go back to factory settings.

Diesels are heavy on the battery, especially during cold starts.
    Would you consider a work week an extended period? Parang medyo hassle to disconnect it and reconfigure my electronics every week.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Provided your vehicle has no electrical problems or undetected "electrical leech", the battery will not get drained (to the point of being unable to start the vehicle)even if you don't start the vehicle for at least 3 weeks.

If you use your vehicle on weekends then that is already sufficient to recharge your battery. Even short trips.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by muddatrucker View Post
    Would you consider a work week an extended period? Parang medyo hassle to disconnect it and reconfigure my electronics every week.
    seriously, once a week is fine. no need to disconnect your battery. i use my personal car once or twice a week and it's perfectly fine, sometimes i won't be able to use it for 2-3 weeks and never really had any issues. dami nag sasabi kung ano ano dapat gawin mga praning lang mga yon, you'll only need to disconnect your battery if you're not going to use your car for 3-4weeks but 1-2 weeks no need. halos every other month i won't be able to use my car for 2 weeks and ok naman.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Before we didnt use our car in the province because of very rough roads. we just started it like 5 mins every morning every other day atleast.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    once a week a leave it running for 15 minutes
    that's what we do on our seldomly used vehicles

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast