New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm planning to get one (splitfire 8.8mm) for my Gli Corolla. What can this do to my acceleretion, fuel consumption and hp? Sulit ba? Please state advantages and disadvantages. tnx.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Advantages: looks good.

Disadvantages: it will "wear-out" in the future. And when it does, you'll wonder what's the heck wrong with your engine, parang palyado.

The Real Skinny on hi-tension wires: they don't really do anything for your performance nor fuel consumption by itself. I myself bought a set of splitfite 8.8mm wires for my AE111 GLi and it lasted only lightly under two years of use before "wearing-out". Anyway, the reason why I bought it is because the color matches my engine bay color scheme only. You're better off with the stock wires. Save your money for other mods or for that hot date you are planning.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you have the proper spark thru ignition upgrade , maganda ang performance nito but not limited only to wires , upgrade mo na rin plugs and the rest of the stuff , coils , amps , etc.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si Ghost, stock na lang, sayang lang ang pera mo dyan splitfires. No real power gains, kung meron man di naman noticeable.

IMHO lang po

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually walang difference talaga in terms of performance pero yung aftermarket na wires usually mas durable kasi designed for race applications. bale durability lang di performance mods IMHO

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout
    actually walang difference talaga in terms of performance pero yung aftermarket na wires usually mas durable kasi designed for race applications. bale durability lang di performance mods IMHO
    In my experience, aftermarket wires aren't as durable as stock wires. In my current and previous car, I went back to my stock wires because my aftermarket wires failed after some time.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    true! my friend bought a set of 8.8's also. it got busted after only less than 2 years. in my experience, if you don't like to go stock, may NGK wires selling for 850 only. got that tip from a friend also. maloloko kasi mga tindero pag nakita nila girl ang bumibili.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    angelfyr, where'd u get the NGKs? meron kaya sila pang lancer?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my experience you won't find any difference between high tension wires and your OEM unless you are racing. Your OEM wires are already very good. I previously own a Sentra Series 3 1.6. I had silicone wires installed. Previously with my OEm wires I noticed that in speeds above 140 kph parang sakal sa power ang engine with some hesitation. After installing the silicone wires nawala ang hesitation. At speeds below 140 kph walang difference. You can maximize the potentials of your High tensions wires with equivalent racing plugs and ignition coils. Pero as I say no difference in performance compared to your OEMs unless you go high speed which in out Phil. road condition will not see much chance with the large volume of traffic. Goodluck. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    trd888, just like what others say... stick to your oem wires, durable and long lasting. simple lang yung oem but it serves the purpose which is functionality. anyway, 95 corolla gli auto ko and upto now yung orig na wires pa rin ang gamit. hindi ko ipagpapalit yung plain looking na oem wires sa mga aftermarket na hindi kayang tapatan yung almost 8 years life na ng oem.

it's your call dude... just think twice. we're giving our ideas and experience it's up to you to decide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hi-tension Wires